• Register
  • Help

Topic: The Mornings Blush (classical guitar)

Share/Bookmark

The Mornings Blush (classical guitar)

This is a very recent classical guitar piece that I wrote. It uses "Ilya Efimov Nylon Guitar" library. To my ears, this is the best sounding nylon string guitar library out there.
    I would appreciate any input on this.
    Thanks. Jay

www.jesse.us.com/blush.mp3

Re: The Mornings Blush (classical guitar)

Hi Jay,

What a sweet treat you offered us. I'm only a short term member of this forum and I've never heard a solo guitar piece here. This first one is really a hit! And you're right, the samples are excellent, although I would prefer the 'mic' not so close, with some extra convolution ambience.

Bravissimo, a truly magnificent, delicate piece of intimate music.

Max

Thanks for the listen Max. I generally prefer a smaller room for guitar music. For me, it makes the sound a little more intimate, but I can hear more reverb on this and it would also work nicely.
    Thanks. Jay

That's really nice, Mister Jay! I like it!

Just a tad more reverb would make for a smoother sound as it would "fill in" the spaces between notes.

Great job!

Merry Christmas to you and Miss Kate.

Best,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Jay,

This is a very gentle piece that is played in a gentle meditative way
    and I find that the sound of this guitar suits it perfectly.

Thanks for posting, I enjoyed hearing!

~ Yudit ~

Larry! Thanks for taking time to listen and I am glad that you liked it. Merry Christmas back at ya.

Yudit! Thanks for the nice comment. I enjoy working with this particular library because it has many useful guitar articulations and the sound is great.

Thank you both. Jay

Quote Originally Posted by jaynkate01 View Post
    This is a very recent classical guitar piece that I wrote. It uses "Ilya Efimov Nylon Guitar" library. To my ears, this is the best sounding nylon string guitar library out there.
    I would appreciate any input on this.
    Thanks. Jay

www.jesse.us.com/blush.mp3
    Beautiful piece, Jay, wonderfully arranged for classical guitar - And beautifully rendered with this Library you've used. I'd never heard of it before, looked it up - ah wouldn't you know, another Library only for the full Kontakt. And for me, the amount of reverb you've used is perfect. It sounds like many recordings of a live guitar where the miking is intimate like this. While it would sound fine a bit farther away, as long as it's still in a smallish room, this close mike technique works very well, I think.

Beautiful - Thanks, Jay!

Randy

Thanks a bunch Randy! I have always kept the reverb on the minimal side for most things that I do. It is just my preference. I like guitar to be on the cozy side so I usually choose a small room size for it.
    Thanks for listening and your input. Jay

A very enjoyable and tasty classical guitar piece Jay.

It does sound very realistic and full. I'm glad you didn't put verb on it so I could hear it up close. I can hear the little noises and sounds that come with a real guitar recording. The subtle perfect imperfections that make it sound organic.

I have a nice Martin acoustic and Fender electric guitar with Amplitude for guitar effects but I could see owning a few of these guitar and other instrument plug-ins also. I bit the bullet this summer and picked up the full Kontact when it was 1/2 off list price. It's pretty much a must have sample player anymore.

Phil

Hey Phil. Thanks for listening and I am glad that you liked this. I did put some reverb on it, but just kept it to a low level.
    I think it is incredible how software developers can get instrument noises in the samples. It just adds so much more realism to the instrument.
    Thanks for the input. Jay

Go Back to forum