• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Here it is! The Garritan Community Christmas album for 2012

Share/Bookmark

Re: Here it is! The Garritan Community Christmas album for 2012

This is terrific! Thanks to all our community and the help of Dan Jury. Thanks also to MakeMusic for giving us this opportunity to present our Christmas music again for a ninth season. I also notice Gary signature on the site page for the player, so I am sure he was instrumental in getting this out in time. Thanks Gary.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Fantastic. Thank you Gary and Dan and ALL of the folks at MakeMusic for making "The Garritan Community Christmas CD" project a reality this year. Our tradition is now safe because of your 11th hour endeavors.

Miracles do happen......

I notice that each selection has its own volume control. My version of the player plays back "hot," so be aware that each selection may need to be customized for optimum playback volume.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

I have to say,,, when I hear these songs come in one by one I am just not in the Christmas spirit. I suppose that is normal and I guess it's because it is nowhere close to Christmastime.

About ten minutes ago I finished making some Oatmeal raisin cookies for some friends I am going to see tomorrow evening. I cleaned up the mess, took Spunky out in the snow and went to my little sound-room to read a few emails and started playing the music. I think Frank's tune is a real cool way to open another "Annual" Christmas project, especially because it is not the usual expected "classical" genre, but as Jack Cannon's arrangement swelled up to it's modulation, I was immediately "IN" the Christmas spirit. A light came on and I said to myself, for some reason this year's project is more special than ever, and I think I know why....

Quote Originally Posted by Rhap2 View Post

Miracles do happen......
    When we were little kids, the not knowing was a huge part of the surprise, just like now.

Thank you to all who sent in music, and a huge thank you to Gary Garritan for carrying the torch to the folks at Make Music.

Gary,.... your vision is still alive and well!

Merry Christmas to ALL!
    And a very Merry Christmas to Justin, Carol and the whole team at

Here is a link to download the wave files that can be burned to a CD.

http://www.dankury.com/Garritan/Garritan2012wave.zip

DPDan

Hi all!
    This was the first thing I saw this morning at turning on my computer. And it was just like to find a long awaited gift under the Christmas tree!
    Thank you to all the people that made it possible.
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to every body!
    (Buon Natale e Felice Anno Nuovo a tutti!)
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

I have listened to the entire album three times. Once on my computer speakers, once on an iPad, and once through my really good earphones. I also think that all of those who worked on this project deserve high praise. The various pieces show a very high level of skill and creativity. The sound is very good on my computer speakers and terrific through my earphones. Thanks to everyone. The work that Dan, Justin, and others did after we turned in our files always takes more time, knowledge, and skill than most people realize. Thank you and congratulations to everyone.

Norman

The entire Garritan Community can let out a collective sigh of gratitude, relief, and joy, now that the 2012 Christmas album is online. The holidays just wouldn't be the same if this communal effort wasn't always a part of the celebration.

My wife, Kate, and I, had an especially great morning today - We listened to the album as we had our morning coffee. We both lit up with smiles and appreciative nods as each piece played. We found every track to be a sweetly sparkling gem, contributing its own unique statement about the message of good will and spiritual meaning that we celebrate here at the end of the year.

In the wake of tragedy, and with the powers of greed continuing to block social progress, this holiday season is an especially un-joyful one for many people. I feel we all have a duty to help raise the world's positive vibrational scale as high as we can right now, and in its own special way, that's exactly what this gift of music has the potential to do for everyone who encounters it. So share, share, Share that link!

It strikes me that this year's collection is especially gentle. The emphasis is less on the more traditional, big and brassy sounds of the season, and more on a tender and warmhearted message that the collection, as a whole, seems to be conveying.

Everyone did a stellar job with their contributions. I'm looking forward to hearing them all many times over during the holidays.

Thank you, everyone - Dan, thanks for the zipped .wav files so hard copies can be made.

Happy listening, everyone!

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN View Post

Here is a link to download the wave files that can be burned to a CD.

http://www.dankury.com/Garritan/Garritan2012wave.zip

DPDan
    Thanks Dan for all your very hard work and support with this project.

Thanks also for putting up the .wav files so I should be able to get hard copies to at least some of my family in time.

This wonderful and very special Garritan community tradition wouldn't have been possible without your expertise and input.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

I have spent the day listening to these gems and really getting into the Christmas Spirit (no not the Rum) ! The day has been spent preparing CDs and getting Jewel cases ready for them.

I would like to congratulate everyone that showed their fantastic expertise in these musical works. Everyone was unique in its own right but seemed to fit into the overall theme and focus of the entire collection. I know the theme is influenced and can't help but be a connection to all these works as they are all about Christmas but it seemed as Randy has also pointed out that they have a quality that makes them work well together. Everyone seemed to be on the tender and true meaning of Christmas in these renditions.

Also, Michael, All I can say is WOW! I am so impressed with the Star Night, Star Light. The voice is incredible. Who is singing? You captured it so well and what and ingenious echo effect you used. Thank you for making my day so perfect and I can't wait to give CDs to my family and friends so they can hear your piece as well as all the great arrangements around yours on this CD.

I will take time after the rush of the holidays to make comments on all the pieces.

Merry Christmas to all! and pass the link to this great Christmas tradition.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Hey Friends!

WOW ... what a Christmas treat ... just in time for this most special time of the year! Like Rich (and others), I'll be in CD-factory mode Saturday!

I've been out food shopping all day and need to get some things done right now, but I can't wait until later tonight when I can listen to and just loose myself in this year's compilation.

For now, though, a few thanks are in order ...

First, to Dan, without whose help, coordination, and technical skills, this CD just doesn't happen ... Thank You.

To the composers and arrangers: My old friends Jack, Randy, Michael, Mark, Fabio V., Norman, Sander, the ubiquitous Dan, Rich, and Gary ... and my new (this year) international friends, Fabio B., and Jos (Max): I am honored and humbled to share my music with yours. I've learned so much from all of you.

To Randy and Dan (again!) who came to my aid as I was finishing my mix when "Storm Sandy" knocked-out my power for a week. I had communicated with them just before I lost my power and asked if they would check my Box account for if and when I got a final mix up. My neighbor ran a temp 150' extension cord to my studio so I could finish the mix, and get it uploaded just before I lost internet! ... thanks guys, for getting my arrangement in.

Thanks to the MakeMusic crew who helped this wonderful tradition continue (I'm a proud Finale user since 1989, Mac ver 1.0!)

And last but not least, to The Man his self, Gary Garritan, who has given us the tools to dream, inspire, and create with ... and even gave us a little ol' community to share all this in ... THANKS!

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and A Happy, Healthy, and Musical New Year to All ...

Frank

(Now I have to change the water on my baccala ... the two Fabio's will know what I am talking about! )

Go Back to forum