• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: POLL: Your chosen reverb application method

Share/Bookmark

POLL: Your chosen reverb application method

Just wondering what everyone uses for reverb. So far, I\'m actually fine with GigaStudio\'s NFX1. I tried a few impulses that came with GOS, but I\'m sure I wasn\'t using them right.. the end result came out a bit tinny and didn\'t sound very full. Could someone give a quick rundown on how to use those? (using SoundForge Acoustic Mirror)

Thanks in advance!

Re: POLL: Your chosen reverb application method

On mac (protools) I use Altiverb and ReverbOne, in SX I use Silverspike ReverbIT and \'ambience\' [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

/Tobias

Sam,

when using Acoustic mirror make sure the quality is set to 5. Then try different mix ratios of dry/wet.

I dont know what the names of the actual GOS impulses are off hand ( I use them but using files before the final naming was done).

One is a nice \"stage\" sound and one is a very ambient \"reverb\" hall.

I tend to mix more dry signal in with the hall one than the stage one.

I would also run them on seperate mix busses, and not inline with each other. Then mix them together. Its more of a \"Real world\" working scenario that way, as well you dont get muddy mixes.

Lexicon MPX1 and MPX500 and the Realverb Pro on UAD-1.

1. Sonar FX3 for soundstage and close ambient on an intrument by instrument basis. Then run final mix through FX3 again for hall ambient. Apply both to separate mix busses.

2. Sonar FX3 for soundstage like in #1. Design hall impulse response in Impulse Modeler. Then apply hall response with SIR in Wavelab. Or use some of the PD impulse responses that can be found around web.

3. When I\'m really feeling adventurous continue to work on granular synthesized impulse clouds using CSound. But haven\'t got anything I really like yet.

John

Hi all, Lexicon PCM-80 and PCM-91 sent thru my 888

andyt

I use the Giga reverb to provide some ambience whilst I am composing and playing real-time, but done\'t actually use this when it comes to rendering.

I like to Accoustic Mirror for the final reverb.
    Incidentally I found this web site offering some free impulses yesterday, which include La Scala, Milan !! They\'re not bad at all.

http://voxengo.com/impulses/

Can anyone suggest any other web sites offering free, quality impulses ?

Thanks

thanks Andy for the Impulse link...been meaning to try it out...and appetite wetted now......

I believe those files are not \"real\" impulses, they are designed with Voxengo\'s Impulse Modeler (which looks interesting!).

Christian

waves:trueverb,nfx,SF acoustic mirror

Go Back to forum