• Register
  • Help

Topic: Newbie questions

Share/Bookmark

Newbie questions

Hello all,

I have finally stepped up and purchased several things. 1. Finale 2012. 2. Concert and Marching Band. 3. Jazz and Big Band.

I am planning on using them in a couple of ways.

1. at home with my arrangements on a PC in Finale
    2. at work (school) in ProTools attempting to put together live backing tracks for vocal jazz arrangements, marching band demos, jazz band demos, symphonic band demos... and if I get good at it my PhD audition.

So. . . My first question is... Once I am in Finale2012 I can set all of the parts to use the Aria player. I click the "edit" button and Aria pops up. I load the appropriate ensemble. . . Then what?

I will ask more questions when I get this one down.

Re: Newbie questions

Welcome to the Forum!!!

I'll try to help what I can with Finale 2012, which I have along with JABB. Just one quick question before I go any further. Your question leads me to believe you aren't hearing anything. Is this correct? If that being the case, check your Audio and Midi setup. That's located under MIDI/Audio, then under Device setup. Your output source should be whatever sound card you are using. Under Midi setup make sure the MIDI out is also set up for your sound card. Your midi in should be set up for whatever keyboard you're using to input music.

Get back to me when you can and I'll help whatever possible. I've used Finale a lot for many years so I am quite familiar with it.

Take care and Merry Christmas!

Gary
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Go Back to forum