• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: 2 Tickets to see Jerry Goldsmith next Thur

Share/Bookmark

OT: 2 Tickets to see Jerry Goldsmith next Thur

Sorry this is OT but I know there\'s alot of film score buffs on this list....

I have 2 spare tickets to see Jerry Goldmith conduct his best of film scores at the Barbican, London next Thursday. He\'s also giving a pre-concert talk at 6.15. Cost is £18 per person
    Jerry Goldmith setlist

If anyone\'s interested please email me direct at:-

ianATmediathemesDOTcoDOTuk

Cheers,
    Ian

Re: OT: 2 Tickets to see Jerry Goldsmith next Thur

Ian,

Thanks for making us aware of this. I wish I could make it over there. One question for you or others here who may have seen his work performed live. Does Jerry use live synths when he performs his work?

Rob

Rob - I\'ll let you know next week - I\'m going to the show both nights (different set list each night).

Looking forward to the pre-concert talks too - any questions you want me to ask him ;-)

Ian

Hey Ian,

I wanted to go to the Wednesday performance, but I may have a long session booked in the studio that day, so maybe I\'ll take you up on your offer! Do you have good seats? If your not fairly close, the strings don\'t \'travel\' very well at the Barbican.

I\'ve seen Jerry 3 times now at the Barbican with LSO. Great fun, and he\'s a good laugh as well! You can e-mail me at axiamusic@dsl.pipex.com to discuss further.

Cheers,

Chris

Rob,

Just saw your question. To my recollection, there were no synths used, but they may have been hiding somewhere round the back!

Chris

I saw goldsmith in concert about 2 years ago, he didn\'t use synths. It was all live.

He may be using them now tho. I don\'t know.

these tickets are still up for grabs (chris couldn\'t make it after all) so let me know asap if anyone\'s interested.

Cheers,
    Ian

Go Back to forum