• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Topic: De Drij Koningen

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    De Drij Koningen

    Dear members of the NS Forum and the LS,

    I'd like to share my contribution to this year's Garritan Christmas CD as well with you all and present our best wishes at the same time.

    The tune I used (De Drij Koningen -The Three Kings) was taken from a recently rediscovered bundle from our archives, called Beyaert 1728. This is a carillon tune collection with only Christmas songs from the 17th and early 18th century in handwriting. The documents only provide a melody line and rarely a figured bass (or bass fragments). The carillon players were supposed to be able to create their own harmonic version of the songs "prima vista".

    Please accept out best wishes for the holiday season:

    http://www.joswyl.be/merry-christmas---happy-new.html

    Enjoy the listen! (It starts automatically when opening the page).



    Max and family.

  2. #2

    Re: De Drij Koningen

    Wonderful, Max - Thank you so much for posting your Garritan Christmas Album selection here in The Listening Room - And now with this very interesting information about the music's origin, my appreciation is even deeper. What a wonderful recording you've produced of your excellent arrangement. Pure Christmas joy in this piece!---And - I'm glad you've seen my own musical tribute to the three wise kings of nativity lore, thanks for posting on that thread.

    Merry Christmas!

    Randy

  3. #3

    Re: De Drij Koningen

    Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Wonderful, Max - Thank you so much for posting your Garritan Christmas Album selection here in The Listening Room - And now with this very interesting information about the music's origin, my appreciation is even deeper. What a wonderful recording you've produced of your excellent arrangement. Pure Christmas joy in this piece!---And - I'm glad you've seen my own musical tribute to the three wise kings of nativity lore, thanks for posting on that thread.

    Merry Christmas!

    Randy
    You're welcome, Randy. Happy New Year full of daring musical projects, personal and family happiness!

    Max

  4. #4

    Re: De Drij Koningen

    Really a great piece!! Finally a Christmas tune I love.

    Raymond

  5. #5

    Re: De Drij Koningen

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62 View Post
    Really a great piece!! Finally a Christmas tune I love.

    Raymond
    Thank you, Raymond.

    A happy New Year and all the good things and health for 2013 to you and your beloved ones.

    Max

  6. #6

    Question Re: De Drij Koningen

    Max that's wonderful...

    Any way you can share the manuscript? is it on a website or published somewhere?

    all the best F.

  7. #7

    Re: De Drij Koningen

    Quote Originally Posted by Fabio View Post
    Max that's wonderful...

    Any way you can share the manuscript? is it on a website or published somewhere?

    all the best F.
    The manuscript is a little book with 49 ancient Christmas songs (alas, no lyrics, only notes). It's a little hard to copy them all in pdf and to send them. There is no digital version... (as far as I know). I was lucky to get a facsimile limited edition of it (made in 1985). The original is preserved at the Antwerp town hall.

    I wish I could help you (but how?)

    Max

  8. #8
    Senior Member fastlane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Shelton, Washington State
    Posts
    3,024

    Re: De Drij Koningen

    Max,

    Thanks for post this fine Christmas music on the forum with it's history.

    A refreshing departure from traditional Christmas songs.




    Phil

  9. #9

    Re: De Drij Koningen

    This is such a nice, happy tune. I like your arrangement of this. It does seem to have a christmas like sound to it.
    Thanks for the post. Jay

Go Back to forum

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •