• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Logic 6 users: Space Designer demo

Re: Logic 6 users: Space Designer demo

Stop using that prehistoric OS, Dave. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

If anyone is using VSL with EXS24, I\'d be curious to hear some demos of the sounds going through the Space Designer.

Anyone up for the challenge?

Logic 6 users: Space Designer demo

Hello all,
    The Logic 6.3.1 update just went online and includes a working demo of the New Space Designer Verb. I haven\'t activated it yet but the demos are usually 28 to 60 days.

Thanks for the heads up.

No 6.3 for OS9 though [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] I wonder if 6.1.1 is the last OS9 version.

He says he inserted 28 of them. I wonder whether he actually pushed Play. You can insert lots of Altiverbs, and Logic won\'t complain until you start rolling cursor.

I get three stereo->stereo Concertgebouws on my Quicksilver dual gig, which I think is freaking impressive.

I think it\'s rather dangerous to launch the demo before Emagic has announced a price for the thing. I mean, what if I love it so much that I absolutely have to have it? Then Emagic could charge anything they want for it!!!

If anyone is running the demo....could you record some examples and post it? I am curious to see how it comares to Altiverb.

Hasen and Lee

OS9, Logic and all my plug-ins are working fine in my cave!

It\'s such a big upheaval moving to OSX, it\'s like moving house! Also it\'s only in the last few weeks Waves have gone AU plus there\'s no sign of AU versions of Kompakt, Kontakt and Pro 53. The VSL Performance tool only went OSX this week. I\'ll wait for my G5 thanks so I only have to do one lot of beta testing [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Once you\'re up and running in os X you most likely won\'t want to go back to 9. But be aware of the hidden costs...you\'ll pay a chunk of change in order to use many of your favorite plug-ins and apps in X.

Still, X is the future, and it runs more stable than 9. The only problems I\'ve had relate a wierd crashing bug in Logic where it will shut down sometimes when I close one song and try to open another. It hasn\'t happened to me yet in 6.3.1 though (knocking on wood...)

I don\'t know why, but it sounds like you\'re trading baseball cards.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yup. And making the point that you would want to view that kind of a claim with skepticism. Three Altiverbs on a G4 dual gig vs. 28 SpaceVerbs on a dual 2GB G5? Sounds pretty fantastic to me.

On the other hand, what the heck do I know. Maybe it really is true.

OS9 certainly isn\'t obsolete, yet. We are only now just beginning to see some developers leaving OS 9 behind. There is no compelling reason to upgrade until there is a must have feature, product, upgrade that is unavailable in OS X. thats not avail. in OS 9. (I know lots of post houses that are still pulling their hairs out over Pro Tools in OSX.)
    My guess is at Jan. NAMM you will see a bastion of G5\'s running the latest, greatest versions of everything. Maybe then, us hold-outs will go \"hmmmm\"...

Go Back to forum