• Register
  • Help

Topic: Grandioso Bosendorfer 290 bug?

Share/Bookmark

Grandioso Bosendorfer 290 bug?

Hi Michiel,

Sorry if you are already aware of this, but I thought I\'d better check, as I didn\'t find mention of it anywhere.

I\'m using the Bosendorfer 290 in HALion at the moment (16 layer dry version).

I haven\'t checked yet whether this happens in Gigastudio as well...

On note C#0, at velocities below 32, the note played is concert B-1.

In HALion this is easy enough to rectify by changing the root note on the lowest 4 velocity levels from D0 to C0.

I just thought you should know.

Thanks,

Oliver.

Re: Grandioso Bosendorfer 290 bug?

I presume there is in import problem with Halion, the Giga version is just fine.

The region C0 to G#0 is not often used in modern pianos though. Most people use 88 keys keyboards for midi playback. These samples are just an \"extra\" feature on the real Bösendorfer 290 and you are the second person who found out they are there...

Michiel Post

These samples are just an \"extra\" feature on the real Bösendorfer 290 and you are the second person who found out they are there...
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">...that\'s odd, apparently I was the second person to locate the \'telephone\' ghost as well!

Anyway, I think maybe HALion and Gigastudio have a naming discrepancy (in HALion middle C is C3). I\'m not actually talking about a note in the extended range - it\'s the bottom C# on an 88 note controller.

Best wishes,

Oliver.

...further to my original post, rather than changing the root note on those layers, I\'ve got a better result by copying the samples from the semitone above.

I\'ve noticed this bug as well, & I\'m using Giga.

...turns out there was a bug that I already fixed some time ago and placed in the latest update. It is a Maple update but can be used for non-Maple also: updates page

Go Back to forum