• Register
  • Help

Topic: The Birth of Christ (All Garritan)

Share/Bookmark

The Birth of Christ (All Garritan)

Since it’s Christmas, I decided to compose a score for the birth of Christ scene from the movie The Nativity Story. I hope you enjoy and Merry Christmas. The music is all Garritan.
    ~Rodney

Re: The Birth of Christ (All Garritan)

More Christmas music to underscore the day! Thank you, Rodney, for your beautiful post.

The epic, cinematic music you've composed fits the reverence of the movie's style very nicely. And it's good to see the birth of Joshua ben Joseph ("Jesus"), (later given the kingly title of Christ), depicted in a fairly realistic style. You make me especially glad I've logged on this afternoon to look around on the Forum.

Happy New year to you, Rodney!

Randy

Wonderful, Rodney; simple, hardly any 'movement', but it shows perfectly the dramatic event and illustrates the images right on the very spot. Pure music, touching the emotional side of every birth, but the divine one in particular here.

Thanks for sharing and a happy New Year!

Max

Cool Re: The Birth of Christ (All Garritan)

... when the sound is bright like the light, you can see the light even with closed eyes... a nice little cameo.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael A. Wiktor View Post
    Very good Rodney; cinematic... nice suspensions.... thanks for posting this.

Merry Christmas.

M
    Thank you for listening and watching Michael, and as always, I blame Mahler's 5th, movement 4 for the suspensions.
    ~Rodney

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    More Christmas music to underscore the day! Thank you, Rodney, for your beautiful post.

The epic, cinematic music you've composed fits the reverence of the movie's style very nicely. And it's good to see the birth of Joshua ben Joseph ("Jesus"), (later given the kingly title of Christ), depicted in a fairly realistic style. You make me especially glad I've logged on this afternoon to look around on the Forum.

Happy New year to you, Rodney!

Randy
    Thank you for listening Randy and happy New Year to you also. May it bring new inspiration and opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    Wonderful, Rodney; simple, hardly any 'movement', but it shows perfectly the dramatic event and illustrates the images right on the very spot. Pure music, touching the emotional side of every birth, but the divine one in particular here.

Thanks for sharing and a happy New Year!

Max
    My pleasure Max. Thank you for your wonderful comments and may your holiday season be filled with joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio View Post
    ... when the sound is bright like the light, you can see the light even with closed eyes... a nice little cameo.
    Thank you Fabio, that's was the effect I was hoping for.

It's amazing what a little timpani, suspended cymbal, and bass drum will do (plus gong, crash cymbal, and chimes.)

Lovely, Rodney. I really liked this.

It's amazing what a little timpani, suspended cymbal, and bass drum will do (plus gong, crash cymbal, and chimes.)
    And speaking of which, that suspended roll beginning at around 00:33--which Garritan percussion map and instrument did you pick for that?? I've been looking for that exact sound and have been unlucky in finding it, so far.

Art
    Arthur J. Michaels
    https://www.facebook.com/composerarthurjmichaels

Finale 2000 through Finales 25.4 (currently using Finale 25.4)
    Garritan COMB2, GPO4, GPO5, Audacity 2.1.3
    Core i7 860 @ 2.80 GHz, 8.0 GB RAM, Windows 10 Home Premium x64
    Dell 2408 WFP, 1920x1200
    M-Audio Delta Audiophile 2496
    M-Audio AV-40 monitors

Quote Originally Posted by gogreen1 View Post
    Lovely, Rodney. I really liked this.

And speaking of which, that suspended roll beginning at around 00:33--which Garritan percussion map and instrument did you pick for that?? I've been looking for that exact sound and have been unlucky in finding it, so far.

Art
    GPO4: Percussion: cymbals: high Bb.
    ~Rodney

Go Back to forum