• Register
  • Help

Topic: Scarbee W.E.P

Share/Bookmark

Scarbee W.E.P

I received my W.E.P yesterday. I just have to say wow! [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] He\'s done it again folks. Not only the sound which is stunning, but it plays like a Wurly too!

You\'re really nuts doing these over the top libraries Thomas but we love it! :-)

/Mattias

Re: Scarbee W.E.P

Originally posted by Mattias Henningson:
    I received my W.E.P yesterday. I just have to say wow! [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] He\'s done it again folks. Not only the sound which is stunning, but it plays like a Wurly too!

You\'re really nuts doing these over the top libraries Thomas but we love it! :-)

/Mattias
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hey Matthias,

You made my day! I have waited for some customer reactions - and there it is.

So glad you like it - it\'s made with love I\'ll tell you [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

At the risk of sounding like your slavish pedant, I\'ve got to say that you\'ve done it again Thomas.

Before I got the WEP today, I was pretty sure I knew what I\'d be getting. I\'ve owned a couple of EP200As, and I\'ve played a few Wurlitzer samples. I think I know what sound to expect when someone says \'Wurlitzer\'.

BUT, as usual, your WEP sample set leaves the others in the dust. It is actually making me flash on little nuances in the Wurli sound that I\'d forgotten I wasn\'t hearing.

I\'m not just talking about the_huge_difference that the release samples make, but more subtle things like the light \'tinkling\' sound derived from the sympathetic resonance of the undamped top end keys.

We\'re lucky that you recognized the need for extra sample layers on the higher velocity areas. They really help to make repeated hammering sound natural.

I love the fact that when everyone says \'Don\'t bother, it\'s been done to death\', you can ignore them and still manage to produce something which sucks me right back twenty years [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I can\'t wait to put this on some tracks.

What\'s cool is that I now have the best of both worlds - The RSP73 AND the WEP. And no back pain whatsoever!!!

Thanks
    Rick

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Ditto here.

Try putting chorus and some echo/verb on the Rhodes, then layering it way back and putting the Wurlie on top. Once I got the balance where I wanted it, I increased the bottom end on the Rhodes a bit, to put a little more warmth in the whole sound. The Wurlie is definitely the lead, but with some nice warm motion and stereo spread behind it. It\'s the sweet and sassy combo!!

Great, amazing job, SCARBEE. This is very cool.

Another good trick is to have two tracks of Wurli panned out - one with chorus+reverb the other only with reverb.

I think Supertramp Logical Song was mixed this way.

Also check 10CC I\'m not in Love - classic Wurly song - good to play for fun too.. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Bruce, thanks for the tip. That combination was very nice indeed!

/Mattias

Go Back to forum