• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: TrailerFX, cinematic sounds fx

Share/Bookmark

TrailerFX, cinematic sounds fx

Dear fellow friends,

I am currently looking for soundfx for a trailer. All these \"wroooommms\", \"ffeeeeeeewwww\", \"zaaaaaooooommmmmm\" fx you hear in the movie actiontrailers. Where do they come from? Is there any existing samplelibraries with these awesome killer fx on em? I am talking about the big, deep, sweatdripping, dynamical fx you hear in the cinema trailers.

Help me out here. Where to go, what to listen to and what to buy...

Love - Chrissie Lewisa

Re: TrailerFX, cinematic sounds fx

I just got \"Seismic Frequencies\" for that purpous, and I like it.

Does the job well when you don\'t have the time to play with the machines, and the sounds are not yet exploited as much as DR1 and DR2..

Alex

Originally posted by Lewis:
    Dear fellow friends,

I am currently looking for soundfx for a trailer. All these \"wroooommms\", \"ffeeeeeeewwww\", \"zaaaaaooooommmmmm\" fx you hear in the movie actiontrailers. Where do they come from? Is there any existing samplelibraries with these awesome killer fx on em? I am talking about the big, deep, sweatdripping, dynamical fx you hear in the cinema trailers.

Help me out here. Where to go, what to listen to and what to buy...

Love - Chrissie Lewisa
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hi Christine

Hmmm let me see....
    \"\"wroooommms\", \"ffeeeeeeewwww\", \"zaaaaaooooommmmmm\"

Have you tried recording one of your elephants?

Hi,

Ilio\'s Trancefusion has some pretty good whiz-bangs. There is a demo at ilio.com
    John Z.

Maybe the Sonomic Online Library card is up your alley. (Read about it here )
    It gives you, among other things, access to 200,000 soundeffects which you can audition before downloading. This should keep you busy for some time. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Lewis, our company does sound design and fx.... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Hey Guys,

I find that it is not too difficult to produce that kind of stuff. If anything, it is about extreme dynamics. I tend to use the following:
    -Filtered white noise: once you start filtering and flanging/chorusing/phasing white noise you\'ll be amazed what you can end up with.
    Doing a couple of those with the right amplitude and different filterings, coupled with a hint of reverb can sound very effective.
    -Cutting up anything that has extreme dynamics. I usually go for Thunderclaps (those big booms during a storm), explosions, car crashes and such. Again, treating them in various ways and layering them works a treat. Coupled with a reversed lightning strike or those filtered white noise elements reversed you can get a nice \'sucking into the impact\' effect.
    In fact, a while ago I made some nice \'musical\' impact sounds by layering and treating a number of free gig sounds that were posted here a while back (waher&dryer percussion if I recall correctly).
    -You can increase dynamic range by applying multiband compression with some extreme ratios and low tresholds.
    -A sound with a good attack can be used to \'punch up\' another sound which might not be that strong thru layering.

Anyway, just my two cents

Cheerio,

Joe

Thx alot for the feedback. I find it rather hard to find these fx. I really think there is a market for such samples - and so far there I havent been able to identify one library dedicated towards this. Anyway. Inspiring comments Joe - guess you are right on. What I really need right now is some deep, deep, sounds. Like a big spaceship passing by (even though spaceships dont make sounds at all in real life).

Wrrroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmm m (with a deep pitch dropping about 2-3 octaves).

How would you make such a sound Joe?

Simon >>> G´g\'g\'get your own gigs

Mardsy >>> My ellies are muted ATM

Love - Chris

Lewis: Well I just thought if your client wanted a professional result...

Simon, simon.

Isnt it a funny coincidence that my second elephant, Nomis, is your name spelled backwards. Maybe its because we are so different you and I. While you swing around with elder men - I get amateur gigs from amateur clients. Poor you. Poor me.

Love - Chris

Go Back to forum