• Register
  • Help

Topic: KH Violin live fun

KH Violin live fun

I know it\'s late and I\'m sure I\'ll listen to this tommorrow and think differently of having posted it, but I had fun with this and thought I\'d share. A friend was over tonight and foolin around on his guitar and asked if I had a violin sample to play along with him, so I loaded up the KH beta and started playing along with him randomly. Forgive the horrid recording, I just slapped an NT5 in front of him and turned up the volume on the giga machine.

Anyway, I was just thinking about how easy the instrument was to play, even real time sounding pretty impressive. So I thought I\'d share. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: KH Violin live fun

That\'s a very nice, expressive sounding solo violin. With some kind of legato phrasing control (and slightly less enthusiastic glissing!) it\'d be killer.

Thanks for sharing it Mike [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Hey Mike,

Very cool. Too bad you didn\'t separate the mics or whatever so you could repeat the thing using the solo viola and/or cello as well.

Yup, that slide to the really high note is way too aggressive, but hey...actually, if you\'d have just played the note softer, the slide would have been a lot more gentle. Also, if you would have used some of the detache bowings intead of the delayed Vib bowings, you\'d get some pretty neat stuff.

But seriously, for a live thing, I love it.

Kirk Hunter

Heheh, yeah I got a little carried away with the slides, but it was a Saturday night and we were somewhat inebriated. I do wish I\'d used a few more of the articulations (this was the \"brahms\" patch), and it\'s tempting to play around with the midi. I did record both midi and his audio, which was independent of the violin channel, so they are separated... though I wanted him to hear us both and just turned up the overall volume instead of grabbing phones, so in his recording you can hear something of the violin and guitar coming from the speakers as well.

Anyway, whatever else it is, I do think it speaks to the really fun and highly expressive playability of these instruments. Glad ya got a kick out of it, thanks. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Sounds good. Makes me miss the days when we actually had multimusicians in one room puttin music together (of course, I don\'t miss the higher budgets, more time, etc.). This library seems very nice.

Go Back to forum