• Register
  • Help

Topic: VSL + HALion (and others) Tutorial

VSL + HALion (and others) Tutorial

A number of people have asked about a step-by-step tutorial for using VSL with samplers other than GIGA - i.e. HALion/Kontakt etc.

I use VSL with HALion and have put together a number of (hopefullly) informative tutorials at the link below:

Please let me know if this is useful (you can leave feedback on my website or in this forum) - also if you encounter any errors or the explanations are not clear please also let me know.

Hope this helps

Re: VSL + HALion (and others) Tutorial

Hi Tim,

Very nice tutorials. Clean look and well done. I like the screen shots and graphics. (There are many computer books in this graphic format. Maybe you should publish one.)

This is the kind of information that helps users (especially novices) get started with more successful results in a shorter period of time. (Why don\'t I hear any sound?)

Keep up the good work.

Excellent tutorial, nicely laid out and explained. You might also want to post on the official HALion User Group (HUG) forum at:

http://forum.cubase.net/cgi-bin/cubase.net/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=HALion&number =24&DaysPrune=10&LastLogin=

There a few other tutorials there on Megatriggers, Xfades, patch management, streaming performance etc.

Good work!

PS sorry about the long link, the URL command on the board doesn\'t allow for \"=\" signs in the address [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Thanks for the feedback. The book will be available from amazon $19.99 [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I\'m not sure why you can\'t hear the sound. Its fairly low quality as its in a flash button, but you should be able to hear a short riff.

Has anyone else experienced no sound?

WOW tim..Your good.Now can u make one using Kontakt and the Vota Utility 2 and Maple tools? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] P.S Thanks Again for leting me use your site to post !!! Rich

Hi Tim,

That was my dry sense of humour.

(No sound, referring to the novice users who typically say things like that when setting up their systems. Wait a second, I say that more often than I would like to admit.... )

The no sound didn\'t refer to anything in your tutorial.

I was at my stressful day job, so I forgive myself.

Sorry. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] But keep up the good work anyway.

John - sorry, I was getting overly worried that it wasn\'t working - its the technician in me [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

After receiving some good advice on the use of the ANY channel in Cubase from pinkcanary (at cubase.net) I am pleased to post a third approach to using VSL with HALion here .

Each tutorial as some advantages and disadvantages which are worth considering before starting out.

Again and comments welcome

Jesus Christ Tim! When I showed interest in a tutorial I thought you were just gonna scribble one on a piece of paper or something. Amazing stuff indeed, thanks. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks Hasen - I hope you find the tutorials useful - just shows what you can do with mspaint! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum