• Register
  • Help

Topic: Ravel User Demo using QLSO

Ravel User Demo using QLSO

K,This is a historic moment on NS. The first User demo af an \"impressionistic\" Mock-up using QLSO. Its was the 1st quick thing i did for a T.V series when i first got the Lib. Hope u enjoy it,as much as i liked making it,Rich

Re: Ravel User Demo using QLSO

Where are the other 14 min?

Originally posted by vaultcomplex:
    Where are the other 14 min?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">He..He ..Thats your job. I`m not sure if your serious Vault. But, I probably didnt make myself clear. I made this little piece not actually as a full QLSO Demo but just a cue for a show and they only wanted 30 sec or however long it is.Actually i did do another snipet of it,one of the parts were it builds a little. I did it so long ago,I`d have to check if its any good. Peace ,Rich

And Where are Violas Pizzicato?? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Sounds OK Good Job.

Here is much less accurate version with VSL, GOS and LOP.

ha ha Cool Lex,Did u just make that?I like the way u started with Clarinette and then brought in the flutes.The VSL legato clarinette is really nice.I thing some of the Pizz. in the beginning may be wrong harmonically but that was great to hear.Such a different sound..Thanks, Rich [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Yeah I just did that...quick and dirty..hehe

The strings ar pretty much all wrong, since I don\'t have the score or midi file..

I`d like to see what u can do with a score...I`m planning to do some Mozart and Baroque pieces with QLSO next month when i get some time. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Rich

Hi Rich,
    thank you for posting this. Everything sounds fine exept the melodie, the flute (is it a flute) really sounds a bit weird. But the natural ambience is so nice!

Thanks Marcus, I think the flute and clarinette may sound weird cause A)I made this piece when i 1st got the Lib. and didnt know what i was doing. B) I think i used too much of the hall mics on the flute and clarinette melody. I`m just starting to learn how to use the mic placements tastefully now. While your writing,its easy to go crazy with reverb and wash every thing out!
    Keep your comments coming,Rich [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum