• Register
  • Help

Topic: ARIA Player v. ARIA Player Multi

Share/Bookmark

ARIA Player v. ARIA Player Multi

When I choose VSTi plugins (e.g. in Reaper or BIAB) I am offered a choice between ARIA Player and ARIA Player Multi, but I can't find anything in the documentation that explains the difference between the two.

Could someone let me know what the differences are, so I can make the right choice?

Thanks,
    John

Re: ARIA Player v. ARIA Player Multi

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBarnes View Post
    When I choose VSTi plugins (e.g. in Reaper or BIAB) I am offered a choice between ARIA Player and ARIA Player Multi, but I can't find anything in the documentation that explains the difference between the two.

Could someone let me know what the differences are, so I can make the right choice?

Thanks,
    John
    Hi, John - Either ARIA will work in those hosts, but here's the difference:

--"ARIA Player Multi" has multiple audio channels, 16 of them. In the most common scenario, the user inserts ARIA along with 16 MIDI tracks and 16 Audio tracks. In the Player's GUI, after loading up instruments, the user assigns each instrument not only to its own MIDI channel, but its own audio channel. The user has complete control over the sound of each instrument. NOTE that some programs combine MIDI and Audio tracks, like Sonar which calls those combination tracks "Simple Instrument Tracks" - but under the hood, the MIDI data and Audio data is still each in its own stream.

--"ARIA Player" has only one audio channel available. In this version of ARIA, the designation "1/2" is the same in all of ARIAs slots, and "1/2" stands for one stereo audio channel - one left and one right. In the Multi version, the 16 channels are labeled "1/2" through "31/32." You can still load 16 instruments in this single version, and have 16 different MIDI channels, but everything will come out of a single audio channel. For a DAW software user, that's impossibly limiting except in special circumstances. But this version of ARIA is available for notation users.

Randy

Re: ARIA Player v. ARIA Player Multi

Randy has made the perfect analysis of the difference in the two players. Thanks Randy!

I too will add that in a notation program there will probably be no difference in the usage and the multi will not be as useful nor different in the way Finale uses the player, but in a DAW you have incredibly more versatility in the audio channels for each individual instrument.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Go Back to forum