• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: LIBERA ME (live performance) - A cappella choir music by Anthony Sylvestre

Share/Bookmark

LIBERA ME (live performance) - A cappella choir music by Anthony Sylvestre

Here you will find a video of my new song entitled LIBERA ME composed for a cappella mixed choir.

Do not hesitate to spread the word to your choristers friends, or choirmasters!
    The piece has been live performed only three times and the video shows the third live performance.
    So it is improvable. Sorry for the room noises and if it's sometimes out of tune.
    Can't wait to hear other choir performances now for the piece hasn't been recorded by a professional choir yet!!

If singers are interested, the sheet music is available on the following website : http://asturiamusic.com

If you want to discover my other works, it's here : http://anthonysylvestre.com

Hope you enjoy!

Re: LIBERA ME (live performance) - A cappella choir music by Anthony Sylvestre

I enjoyed this very much! I like how you used the melodies and harmonies, it made the choir sound beautiful. It's even more amazing that you were able to get a live performance of it! Congratulations!

Best,
    Quinn M.

Very beautiful piece. couldn't make out all the words, but then they were in Latin, right? I love Requiems, especially Mozart's, Faure's and Durufle's. This was very peaceful, very comforting. The video reminded me of a poem I wrote years ago, called The Beautiful Terrible River, which was basically about death, from a kind of Zen standpoint.

michael diemer

Oh, so beautiful! Goes right to the heart. What about the other parts? J.

Dear Quinn M., Michael and Sylva. Sorry for haven't answered you earlier, but I haven't been notified of your posts on this topic. So I've just discovered your posts today. Many thanks for your comments and feedbacks. I really appreciate and it touches me. Since the first video, an Ukrainian choir ('Ave Musica Choir') have performed the piece in Ukraine and Bulgaria. Here is a video of their performance : . Yes the words are in Latin. I'm actually working on another a cappella mixed choir piece , this time, with french lyrics. I hope it will be ready soon. Regarding the 'Libera Me', it was a great moment for me to listen and see the chords and harmonies created in the secret of my home come to life with a true choir. It made me want to start again ! Best regards.

Lovely piece. Yes, there are a couple small intonation issues, but beautiful nevertheless. Thank you.

Hi Reed thank you so much for your comment. This is another beautiful and sensitive version performed by the ECU Choirs :

https://soundcloud.com/steven-walker-8/sylvestre-libera-me

The East Central University Chorale from Oklahoma performing my 'Libera me' :
    Thanks for listening :

A very beautiful and deeply moving piece, Anthony.

I enjoyed the accompanying video presentation as well!

All the best,

David
    ------
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by etLux View Post
    A very beautiful and deeply moving piece, Anthony.

I enjoyed the accompanying video presentation as well!

All the best,

David
    Thank you very much David. So glad you like it.
    Regards.
    Anthony

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast