• Register
  • Help

Topic: The Dreaded Freebie Demo

Re: The Dreaded Freebie Demo

Hey Sharmy,

I would have give you both gigs... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Good job! I liked it.

Oh yeah. If you\'re not going to give away a piano, how about a free demo? [grin]

-- Martin

Sounds like Roger Rabbit meets John Williams. Hey! Then again! Thats disney!

Love - Chris

Both sound really good. I personally like the FOX one better, but which one was picked usually has nothing to do with skill, so I have no idea which one got you the gig [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Let me check here...

Nomis, my second elephant, seems to dig it. Nomis knows the whole repertoire of JW.

I am thinking of bringing Nomis to Grebbestadt church (G-Town) for some new stomp recordings. However I am not sure whether animals of this size is accepted into Gods house. But I am gonna try to use the good old: \"If-Noah-could-ship-em-in-a-boat-argument\".

No. Freakish things aside. I love it.

Roger Rabbit is really one of Silvestris more weird scores. This weird feel between jazz, bigband and orchestral candyfloss. That being said I think \"A DREAM CS. MH FINAL DEM\" ends two times. Seems a bit weird. Just let it stop at 00:24. 24-31 is overkilling.

Love - Chris

Both are very nice. I vote for the Disney demo. If that isn\'t Disney, nothing is [grin].

-- Martin (from the home of Disney World)

I reckon the first one.

Nice work btw. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Hi Craig,

They are both \"worthy\" of the gig. Guessing, I would say the Fox demo was the ticket.

What was your instrumentation for each, especially cut 2 for the \"Disney\" sound?

Originally posted by Lee Blaske:
    This sure hits a nerve with me. I\'ve noticed that the free demo competition/cattle call thing is getting worse with every passing year.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Indeed! The same is true in the remixing field....

I recently saw a \"contest\" where you could download the individual tracks of a forthcoming song, remix to your heart\'s content and then submit the song back to the label. The \"winner\" would then have their track included on a 2nd CD of remixes included with the forthcoming album. Not a bad idea - or so I thought until I read the fine print: there would be NO compensation for the remix, NO royalties, and regardless of whether your remix is selected, the label owns 100% of the remix in perpetuity, etc. etc.

Pretty crazy, huh? Like in your situation, it sounds like an easy way to get hundreds of people to do thousands of hours of work for absolutely nuthin\'!

Unfortunately, I had already produced my remix before reading the fine print. The good news is I never submitted it and, at best, I can approach the label outside of the contest and see if they\'ll buy the remix; at worst, I have a kickin\' demo to show off when looking for other remix gigs.

Lookin\' at the bright side,

- Dr. Dawg
    P.S. Sharmy: Truly masterful demos. Nice work! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum