• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO: download vs CD

Share/Bookmark

GPO: download vs CD

I wonder if anyone has any thoughts about the quality of the GPO download, versus the CD. I have the download, and am wondering if getting the CD version would result in any enhancements? I'm very happy with everything but the strings, for which I have to use some East West patches. But I've heard other composers music, where the GPO strings sound really great (specifically, Steve Johnson's Symphony sample). I have the Audiophile 2496. I use Sonar 8.5 Producer, thinking about upgrading to Sonar X2 soon. My mixing skills aren't that great, which could also be a factor. thanks, Mike

Re: GPO: download vs CD

The download and the CD are the same exact library.

A couple things you can do to improve the strings sounds is to try different reverbs. The other thing to try is to constantly ride CC1 (modulation) to shape your phrasing.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn View Post
    The download and the CD are the same exact library.

A couple things you can do to improve the strings sounds is to try different reverbs. The other thing to try is to constantly ride CC1 (modulation) to shape your phrasing.

Jim
    Thanks Jim, I know the instruments are the same. What I'm wondering is, is the download the same quality as the CD? Is the sound as pure? For example, is the download an mp3 file, in which case the sound would be inferior?

Mike

"same" means the same; identical; no difference...

Quote Originally Posted by wcreed View Post
    I guess that amswers my question!

Quote Originally Posted by wcreed View Post
    I guess that answers my question!

Go Back to forum