• Register
  • Help

Topic: Reaktor VS Gigasampler

Share/Bookmark

Reaktor VS Gigasampler

Any user opinions about Reaktor compared to Gigasampler?

C

Re: Reaktor VS Gigasampler

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by robinv:
    Very very different programs. Reaktor does have sampling afcilities but its much more a sound wrangling tool. It takes a wave file and uses it like an oscillator. You wouldnt be able just to load up a few samples, layer them and play them over a keyboard. You do crazy stuff with them, granulate them, filter and twist, apply lfo\'s and envelopes, all weird and wonderful.
    Download the demo and have a go.

Very different programs, everyone should have both!

Robin http://www.pc-music.com
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can layer and play your samples across the keys with Reaktor, albiet very limited. The things you can do with Reaktor is just overwhelming (a good thing).

With Reaktor: I spend lots of time designing synths/samplers and creating F&#ked up sounds, as well as emulated. Reaktor is by far my favorite synth. I rarely even play my Alesis.

With GS: I spend lots of time composing, and using sounds that are already created (Akai formated disks, etc). That doesn\'t mean thats the only thing that can be done, but thats how I use it. GS is my 2nd favorite synth, I am able to use my immense collection of AKAI disks, and have sold my hardware sampler.

Re: Reaktor VS Gigasampler

Very very different programs. Reaktor does have sampling afcilities but its much more a sound wrangling tool. It takes a wave file and uses it like an oscillator. You wouldnt be able just to load up a few samples, layer them and play them over a keyboard. You do crazy stuff with them, granulate them, filter and twist, apply lfo\'s and envelopes, all weird and wonderful.
    Download the demo and have a go.

Very different programs, everyone should have both!

Robin http://www.pc-music.com

Go Back to forum