• Register
  • Help

Topic: Im taking a pole . Rating your satisfaction level with Giga sampler/Giga studio

Share/Bookmark

Im taking a pole . Rating your satisfaction level with Giga sampler/Giga studio

Hi All
    I got the idea for this thread from another thread here. It\'s called { A observation about software samplers}. And in that thread there are several different opinions , and one of those opinions was from Papa Chalk and it reads......\"In regards to stability, thousands of users in the film and music industry are satisfied with the reliability of gigasamper/gigastudio.
    To take a cross section of any forum would not be indicative of the satisfaction level of the average user\".

As mentioned above Papa said you cant take a cross section of postings listed under say ,hardware/ software sections because most of the people that post there are trying to resolve conflicts and the people that have there systems working correctly may not list as often perportionally.

So I guess ill start by asking how many people have giga sampler/giga studio and there favurate sequencer and effects plug ins all running correctly on there computers .
    I guess I get to answer first since I started the thread .
    I am very hopefully optimistic about Giga Studio and Cakewalk 9.0 [I must be ,I spent a lot of money on the software and hardware] to be honest ever since I got into the dream of a intergrated DAW [sampler /digital recorder ] I have spent alot more time trying to get everything to work like it is supposed to[resolving conflicts ,restraining my self from throwing a hamer through the computer monitor, you know the usual] than make and record music . [things were much easier with a reel to reel and a mixer,although I don\'t have them anymore I sold them to by this dream system].
    Well my opinions is ... Im somewhere inbetween ... The Idea of a DAW that works is the biggest conspiracy of lies perpetrated on mere mortles since the begining of time .....and wow aren\'t computers great.

Re: Im taking a pole . Rating your satisfaction level with Giga sampler/Giga studio

OK
    maybe Im leaning a little more to the conspirasy side [been watching to many X file eposodes] but I could beconverted to the other side in a moment[DAW\'s are the greatest thing since sliced bread,I could even say the line in my next hit single]If I COULD JUST GET THIS STUFF TO WORK!!!!!!!

Re: Im taking a pole . Rating your satisfaction level with Giga sampler/Giga studio

Hello Kenn159 thanks for your input on this forum. I can see where you want to go with this but... you still have to remember having a pole like this would have no bearing. Most people who come here are most likely seeking help. People who are not having any problems would be busy making music or helping another user with their problem only when they have the time (not everyone spends day and night on forum). Remember this forum and other user forums are created so users can help users with problems. Nemesys visits this site but are not obligated to do so. This thread is going a little off track.
    The purpose of this forum is \"to help each other get the best use out of Nemesys GigaSampler/studio. We are user\'s of their awesome product.
    If you can help some one with a problem or you have some tips about GigaSampler/Studio please post an article.\"

This quote was actually taken from our Rules, Policies, and Disclaimers when everyone registers.

There are users out there who are Not experiencing problems keep posting. someone will help, if not do a search, it\'s possible your questions may have been answered.

One thing I\'ve noticed is that most users who do not experience any problems have an Intel chipset motherboard like Asus and Intel cpu, maxtor or IBM drive. Don\'t expect these problem free users to post, like I said if they have no problem they won\'t post unless they want to help someone.

I also understand your frustration with the digital audio sequencing end of things I felt this way in 1993.
    But things have come a long way since. I can now confidently say I could never go back to tape it\'s to liner for me but hey that’s my choice. The producers and engineers at our studios were insistent on tape or ADAT 2 years ago. Now we have 3 adats being used as analog to Digital converters. I can\'t remember the last time they recorded to tape. seems to be working fine with heavy everyday use.
    Very soon this could be common place.

With that said lets get back on track with the purpose of this forum that is to help each other with gigsampler gigstudio products.

PaPa Chalk

Hey Guys-I think you meant to say ``poll\'\', not``pole\'\', anyway, at least I hope that\'s wht you meant!

===========================================
    One thing I\'ve noticed is that most users who do not experience any problems have an Intel chipset motherboard like Asus and Intel cpu, maxtor or IBM drive. Don\'t expect these problem free users to post, like I said if they have no problem they won\'t post unless they want to help someone.
    ===========================================
    Hi Papa,
    How about you, Papa, would you like to share with us what current setup you have now? I meant a upgraded-one. I\'ve seen your old setup in this site,it seems to be so simple. Is it still working with the GigaStudio now?
    I\'d also like to hear the sucesses and problems as well. Maybe you have many tricks and tips wouldn\'t tell us yet! like over-clock for example (doesn\'t work for me)
    Are you sure when I have The PIII+Asus+IBM-HD, it should works perfect for me whether the GigaSampler or GigaStudio? If this is a case what do you think about this Giga product? is it only supporting certainly some good combinations (Mobo, combo, etc)? how it can be since I know ton of combos have been comming out of the market everyday?
    Honestly, I\'m confuse! I\'m just a beginer of the Giga, I\'d like to hear more. I\'m having about four PC-systems in the studio but none of those could makes me happy! (I meant not only Giga, the combination of other tools and hardwares). Your inputs would be greatly appreciated.
    Best regards,
    LHong

Hi All
    Here\'s my configuration...pentium 3 450 with a intel chip set ,three ata-66 hard drives [Ibm,maxtor and western digital],128 megs of ram,Darla 24 and sb live sound cards.

Go Back to forum