• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Grandioso Bösendorfer 290 24bit Plug-in

Share/Bookmark

Grandioso Bösendorfer 290 24bit Plug-in

I own already the PMI GIGA Grandioso Bösendorfer 290.
    Is it an improvement to switch to the 24bit plugin?
    Does it really have the same features as the GIGA Version?

Re: Grandioso Bösendorfer 290 24bit Plug-in

The advantage of having the samples in 24 bits as opposed to Giga\'s 16 bits is evident; they sound better. More detail, more dynamics.
    The PMI Bos290 Plug-in ships with its own sample player, Native Instruments\' Kompakt Player. The PMI Bos290 Plug-in will run on a Windows or Mac OS system, either as a standalone application or a plug-in (VST, DXi, RTAS, and Audio Units) to your favorite sequencer (Cubase, Logic, Digital Performer 4.1, Nuendo, Sonar, ProTools, etc.). Moreover, PMI Bos290 Plug-in will load into Kontakt, Native Instruments\' flagship sampler for even deeper control over modulators and effects.
    The PMI Bos290 Plug-in has the same attractive interface as the full version of KOMPAKT. Giving the user instant access to envelopes for amplitude and filtering, it has seperate assignable filters for each sample group, it has a master filter and an impressive effect rack with high quality Reverb, Chorus and Delay. Each of the effects has a load of presets built-in. Furthermore there are several alternative tunings that you can select from a drop-down menu. And also the velocity scaling is freely assignable for the instrument as a whole or for each seperate sample group if you desire.
    In case anyone wants to see the screen layout I\'ll post a screen shot here.
    As for features; The PMI Bos290 Plug-In comes with the same features and presets including the real-time re-pedalling and a DRY/WET layered instrument with mod wheel control over the balance between the two mic perspectives.
    PC-users can use Maestro Tools/GRANDIOSO FX to add the sound of the sustain pedal operation.

Do give us a screenshot. Do you have demos of the Kompakt instrument on your website?

The interface screenshot is below. As the 24 bits samples are exactly the same as in the current Kontakt 24 bits version most of the demos on my website www.postpiano.com are exactly the same as when using the KOMPAKT Plug-In.
    We\'re expecting the new demos to be finished soon. I\'m currently testing the plug-in under the different hosts and I\'m amazed every time how easy it all works. Doing ProTools at the moment.

Michiel

I\'d buy this in a second but I\'m not exactly sure what works and what doesn\'t. I know you\'ve posted compatability but I\'m just checking.

I use DP3 on OS9 and DP4 on OSX. I use Kontakt 1.2.1 (Kontakt 1.3 isn\'t out yet)

So...... I can use it standalone in OS9, but not with DP. I can use it in OSX, but not now (no AU) I can load it into Kontakt 1.3 but not 1.2.1, so no go for now.....

Hmm, looks like the only thing that would work for now is Standalone in OS9, right? So how do I work with both DP and Bos. at the same time?

If it can\'t be done easily I can just wait a few weeks I suppose. No biggy, but I am curious.

Thanks

hi michiel,
    since the 290 is my preferred piano - and my gigaversion doesnt translate into exs24 very well... there are no crossgrade options at all? and please explain to a dumb northern german (be careful, not far away from you place) why the 24bit plug is even cheaper than the 16bit cd-thing... am I missing anything?

kind regards + thx for your wonderful instruments,
    sönke

Couldn\'t help but notice--In the screenshot, Glide is set to something-or-other, and Attack is set to zero. Is there an advantage to using Glide over extending the Attack portion of the envelope?

Michiel,

That\'s very tempting!! I look forward to hearing the demos. And, by the way, congratulations on your Bos290\'s good review in this month\'s issue of \"Keyboard Magazine\". As the reviewer says, \"This is the acoustic piano sample library to beat.\"

fozzy

Originally posted by esteso:
    Michiel
    I use DP3 on OS9 and DP4 on OSX. I use Kontakt 1.2.1 (Kontakt 1.3 isn\'t out yet)
    Hmm, looks like the only thing that would work for now is Standalone in OS9, right? So how do I work with both DP and Bos. at the same time?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Audio Units are replacing MAS
    NI software products can be conveniently integrated with MOTU Performer and Digital Performer (Mac OS 9) via FreeMIDI/MAS. In 2003 the new NI products can be integrated via Audio Units in Digital Performer 4.1 (Mac OS X) and higher.

Currently, NI is focussing on making all Mac OS products compatible with Mac OS X and the brand-new plug-in interface, Audio Units. Since MOTU integrated Audio Units in Digital Performer 4.1, NI will no longer be developing MAS for updates or future products. This means the MAS support will be replaced by Audio Units support. This step does not mean a disadvantage for users of Digital Performer 4.1 under Mac OS X, since NI products can be soon integrated into Digital Performer 4.1 via Audio Units. Because NI will now concentrate the development of its Mac OS products on the new and much more powerful operating system, Mac OS X, the newly developed NI products will not support MAS under Mac OS 9.

Note that all NI products will support Mac OS X and Audio Units until the end of 2003. You can find the development schedule on the bottom of this page

Originally posted by sönke:
    ... there are no crossgrade options at all? and please explain to a dumb northern german (be careful, not far away from you place) why the 24bit plug is even cheaper than the 16bit cd-thing... am I missing anything?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hi Sonke,
    The plug-in price is based on the larger customer-base. We simply expect to sell more items because the plug-in can be used by all PC & Mac users without the softsampler specific library format and format conversion issues that typically trouble them.
    The step from 16 bits to 24 bits samples: Giga currently only supports 16 bits. Period.
    In future program versions 24 bits samples will certainly be used, but for now we\'re stuck with the 16 bits stereo Wav format.
    Since the plug-in is produced by EastWest and the sampler-specific sound libraries by Post Musical Instruments there are no cross-grades possible between the two different companies.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast