• Register
  • Help

Topic: confession

Hello everybody!
    I\'ve been studying music for 6 years to learn how to compose. Now, at the end of my studies, I\'m so happy to learn about the possibilities of gigasampling! I\'m not that good in music to direct or to compose for a real orchestra, but this seems to be a way to realise compositions despite of it! I can\'t wait to get those sounds! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

New York City

Re: confession

The bad news is that there is a great deal of work to be done in order to make a digital orchestra come to life in a realistic way. The good news is that in the end the \"digital conductor\" may actually be able to get the \"digital performers\" to do what we ask them to. We will be the envy of all acoustic orchestra conductors throughout the land!

Re: confession

Yes, you are right : it needs more than pianistic writing to make the orchestra sound realistic. I think it is important to respect the \"style\" of each instrument (for exemple long pedal notes for the horns), and a realistic volume set. Another problem is to write in blocks, I mean to create coherent unities for the woods, the brass etc. I think one should carefully read the scores from composers like Beethoven, Wagner, Debussy, Varèse etc. They are the best exemples for our virtual orchestra!

Go Back to forum