• Register
  • Help

Topic: Delusions of Grandeur (Symphony No. 4 in Ab major)

Share/Bookmark

Delusions of Grandeur (Symphony No. 4 in Ab major)

Starting the year off with a flare. Excerpts from Movement 1 for my Symphony No. 4 in Ab Major.

http://www.mitchmanthe.net/~All/musi...n Ab Major.mp3

and here's the score if anyone is interested. I don't claim to be an expert at scoring so if you have any suggestions on improving this please feel free to add your expertise.

http://www.mitchmanthe.net/~All/musi...Ab%20Major.pdf

Enjoy!

Thanks,

Mitch
    Writing music for the joy of it. (with Windows 7 64bit, Intel i7 processor, 12GB memory, LOTS of disk space, Finale 2014, Garritan GPO, JABB3, COMB, Steinway, World Instruments, & Soundiron Olympus Micro Choir. And if I ever figure out how to use Sonar X2...the sky's the limit)

Re: Delusions of Grandeur (Symphony No. 4 in Ab major)

Dear Mitch,

Thank you for sharing this wonderful symphony with us here at the forum! I admire the classical kind of style that you composed it in, and the orchestrations and melodic material kept me listening, and i definitely had a fun time doing it! Please do not worry about your scoring, you got the hang of it!
    Again, thank you for sharing! I do really hope to hear the other movements sometime!

Sincerely,
    Quinn M.

Very elegant and a great representation of the classical style.
    ~Rodney

Wow, Mitch, a couple of hundred years ago, you certainly would have been hired by the Esterhazys to compete with Haydn (since the latter didn't use the brass so effectively as you do for a change). Pure and classical. I love the orchestral transparent sound. Nice work!

Max

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    Wow, Mitch, a couple of hundred years ago, you certainly would have been hired by the Esterhazys to compete with Haydn (since the latter didn't use the brass so effectively as you do for a change). Pure and classical. I love the orchestral transparent sound. Nice work!

Max
    Oh oh, my age is showing...

Thanks Max, Rodney & Quinn. Glad you liked it.
    Writing music for the joy of it. (with Windows 7 64bit, Intel i7 processor, 12GB memory, LOTS of disk space, Finale 2014, Garritan GPO, JABB3, COMB, Steinway, World Instruments, & Soundiron Olympus Micro Choir. And if I ever figure out how to use Sonar X2...the sky's the limit)

Hi Mitch,

I listened to this in the afternoon and WOW, just tremendous! I really liked it, especially the very beginning. I loved the way you emphatically get the whole work moving right from the downbeat. Such exciting, well structured music ... great job!

Frank

(And many thanks for the score ... so much to study and learn from!)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Manthe View Post
    Starting the year off with a flare...
    And that is a big understatement, Mitch! My word this is wonderful. It's a very nice rendering of even better music. Frankly, I'm in awe of your accomplishment with this. Very shortly after pushing "play," the only choice I had was to sit back and let your music wash over me. Brilliant.

Randy

Go Back to forum