• Register
  • Help

Topic: Five Miniatures - MM II - Solemn Dignity

Share/Bookmark

Five Miniatures - MM II - Solemn Dignity

Hi All,

Here is the second movement of my Five Miniatures, 1st - a Finale rendition then 2nd the live recording:

MM II - Solemn Dignity (Finale)

MM II - Solemn Dignity (Live)

Enjoy,

Bill
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

Re: Five Miniatures - MM II - Solemn Dignity

Hey wow - The second movement already! Once again, I really appreciate the double posting, Bill. At least by comparing these particular two recordings, the Finale version is clearly only a humble hint at what the piece can sound like when actually played. As with the first movement, you are really blessed to have the wonderful recording of these two fine musicians.

And I'm still amazed at the big budget the guild has for recordings!--You explained on the other thread that the guild has a long, illustrious history, but that funding is dwindling - But I'm sure you know your situation there in Cleveland is much more affluent than much of the country. I'm rather sure there aren't any performing groups here in town with budgets anywhere close to what you're talking about.

More power to you and The Cleveland Composer's Guild!

Randy

Hi Bill,

I fully agree with Randy: the Finale version is only an onset of what the live performance contains. I'm glad you posted this one again and I really envy you to be able to record your music with these brilliant musicians. In our country, one has to have a famous name to have any composition recorded.

Very nice music and well performed!

Max

Hi Bill

I went straight to the live version this time.

I feels like a continuation of the first movement but it's definitely solemn or introspective.

Very nice.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    Hi Bill

I went straight to the live version this time.
    I feels like a continuation of the first movement but it's definitely solemn or introspective.

Very nice.

Phil
    Heard it once said, "Once you go live, you'll never go back." Aside from that, each of the movments were based on the same underlying structure of notes, so, I hope they do sound as a continuation. The performers even asked if they should play them continuous without a stop in between. But I felt the listener needed to catch their breath before going on to the next. Maybe I will re-work it and see how it goes as one continuous piece.

Thanks again,
    Bill
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

Go Back to forum