• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Did you see the mini-review about Giga in "Keyboard"?

Share/Bookmark

Did you see the mini-review about Giga in "Keyboard"?

Not much we don\'t already know except one little sentence about 3.0 \"our sources tell us it\'s a long way off\" (not a direct quote).

Meanwhile, at the Tascam forum:

\"As part of ongoing web site updates and server maintenance, the popular TASCAM online forums will be down for a time. Please come back later... there are some good things in store for www.tascam.com\"

I keep coming back \"later\"..for a couple of months it seems...

It\'s like the marketing guys said \"let\'s see how many customers we can lose\"..(?)

If only crossfades would translate properly in Kontact...

Re: Did you see the mini-review about Giga in "Keyboard"?

Originally posted by sporter:

If only crossfades would translate properly in Kontakt...
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">It can be done, sport..I`ll post something soon on teh NS Kontakt Forum soon.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Rich

Originally posted by Rich Pell:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by sporter:

If only crossfades would translate properly in Kontakt...
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">It can be done, sport..I`ll post something soon on the NS Kontakt Forum soon.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Rich </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">

I think that is incorrect or old info. A while back it was a long way off but its not that far off now. At least I wouldn\'t use the term \"long way off\" at this point.

Although there is nothing official or set in stone, I went ahead and turned down a couple of requests to work in other booths at the upcoming NAMM show because I want to be in the Tascam booth for this particular show.

Cheers
    Dave

>at the upcoming NAMM show because I want to be in the Tascam booth for this particular show.

Does that mean Tascam will announce Giga 3.0 this coming January 15-18 at Anaheim?

The article mentioned something about giga studio is starting to show its age because its been almost a year since a update .
    2 times that statment and they have got it correct.
    Get rid of \"starting too\" and change \"almost a year\" to \"2 years since the last major update\".
    2.5 was october/november 2001.

Whats the deal with tascams tech support?
    1.On the adverage 4 phone calls to Tascam tech support , Ill get through once , and the person that I talk to know less about giga than I do, like they were hired off the street 5 minutes ago.

\"Does that mean Tascam will announce Giga 3.0 this coming January 15-18 at Anaheim?:\"

Hopefully so though I certainly can\'t make promises for them. I can\'t imagine them not doing something there at this point though.

It could turn into a tomato throwing episode if they don\'t have something to show or announce at this show [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Later
    Dave [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Wow ...4 more months [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] .Anyways, Sporter,Check out the NS Kontakt Forum.I post a method for u on how to program the .gig x-fades to Kontakt.Its pretty easy [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ...Rich

hehe I think it\'s safe to say Giga is history. They dropped the ball. I cant even say too little too late. Nothing. The competition is much too steep and good now. Who in their right mind wouldnt want to use fxteleport and halion or Kontakt.

Giga. R.I.P.

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

\"....Giga. R.I.P.\"

Give me a break! They are not perfect I admit but this is a bunch of rubbish. There will be a market for both programs. I know I\'ll use them both depending on what I want to do. I\'ll be using Giga 90 percent though because I like the ability to load 6-12 times more samples per machine thank you very much! It only saves me several thousand bucks.

All the best
    Dave

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast