• Register
  • Help

Topic: vaultcomplex rules

Share/Bookmark

Re: vaultcomplex rules

Well I\'m glad you liked it. To answer your question, the little piano and low string intro is not live (SI), but the 2nd half is live. It was a small string group, about 25 players. It was just an \"extra\" piece I wrote before going to an orchestra session for someone else in case there was extra time, which there was.

Originally posted by Leon Willett:
    [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

It didn\'t sound live to me at all, dude.

Hey, chris, I\'m amazed you orchestrated music for Michael Giaccino! Well done getting that gig. He\'s the guy that did the medal of honour (PC) soundtrack, right?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yup, and it was for one of his orchestra sessions (for ALIAS) that I recorded the little \"Lament\" piece.

vaultcomplex rules

OK, just heard \"Lament\" at www.christilton.com .. what an excellent piece! Rarely do I hear compositions that flow so well, and are \"perfect\": it keeps my interest, there\'s nothing I can find wrong with it, nor would I change anything.

Nice work. Now, tell me that\'s a live performance, because it sure sounds like one [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] And if not, then tell me what samples those are, and pardon the drool [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

PS: I especially like the part at 0:30. Niiice!

[img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

It didn\'t sound live to me at all, dude.

Hey, chris, I\'m amazed you orchestrated music for Michael Giaccino! Well done getting that gig. He\'s the guy that did the medal of honour (PC) soundtrack, right?

The strings certainly sound live.

Well, it doesn\'t sound like a concert..but it does sound like it was played by live players. Maybe I need to listen on reference headphones or something, I\'m just listening to it with regular speakers + subwoofer.

I\'d say its ensemble string samples (GOS? SI?)with miroslav solo strings on top.

Cooooooooool. Well, it just goes to show how much I know! Anyway, it must have been a thrill for there to be that extra time, and for the musicians to be up for recording your piece.

Go Back to forum