• Register
  • Help

Topic: Do I need an iLok for EWQL SO Gold Complete to work?

Share/Bookmark

Question Do I need an iLok for EWQL SO Gold Complete to work?

Hi,

So I'm mega confused about the whole iLok thing. If I were to buy EWQL SO Gold Complete from the EWQL website without buying an iLok, would it not work altogether? And if I bought an iLok would I have to wait for it to be delivered to where I live before I could use the sample library?

Sorry if it sounds like a ridiculous question, but I can't find any clear cut answers.

Thanks.

Re: Do I need an iLok for EWQL SO Gold Complete to work?

Quote Originally Posted by Spacktardius View Post
    Hi,

So I'm mega confused about the whole iLok thing. If I were to buy EWQL SO Gold Complete from the EWQL website without buying an iLok, would it not work altogether? And if I bought an iLok would I have to wait for it to be delivered to where I live before I could use the sample library?
    It won't work without the iLok. When you get the iLok you'll have to register it on line, then use the codes supplied with the EWQLSO Gold DVDs to validate your copy. Whenever you wish to use EWQLSO Gold, or any of their other libraries, you have to have the iLok plugged in.

It is a bit of a pain, quite frankly, doing the registration, but now that I've got a few of their libraries, all registered, popping the iLok into a spare USB port takes but a moment.

An important point to take into consideration is where to store the iLok. I know of people who've put them down and subsequently lost them. Have a safe place to store it and always put it there when you've finished using it for the day.

Sorry if it sounds like a ridiculous question, but I can't find any clear cut answers.

Thanks.
    Hopefully that is clear cut enough?
    Kind regards,
    John.

Re: Do I need an iLok for EWQL SO Gold Complete to work?

Quote Originally Posted by SysExJohn View Post
    It won't work without the iLok. When you get the iLok you'll have to register it on line, then use the codes supplied with the EWQLSO Gold DVDs to validate your copy. Whenever you wish to use EWQLSO Gold, or any of their other libraries, you have to have the iLok plugged in.

It is a bit of a pain, quite frankly, doing the registration, but now that I've got a few of their libraries, all registered, popping the iLok into a spare USB port takes but a moment.

An important point to take into consideration is where to store the iLok. I know of people who've put them down and subsequently lost them. Have a safe place to store it and always put it there when you've finished using it for the day.

Hopefully that is clear cut enough?
    Kind regards,
    John.
    Hi,

Yes that's exactly what I was looking for, thanks for clarifying it for me!

I think I'll just go ahead with the purchase now

Thanks a lot,

Adam S.

Go Back to forum