• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Missing Instrument in IO

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy Missing Instrument in IO

got a new (used) PC this christmas so it's running XP SP3. installed all my libs and they are running fine. installed latest Player and GPO4 is fine, but IO won't load "wagner brass soft attack" it says "no samples or generators were found" and it has a partial list of what it can't seem to find. "wagner brass" loads just fine. "full brass soft attack" does this too.

i have inspected the instruments folder in the IO folder and there is no preset for 'wagner brass soft attack' instead it shows 'wagner brass portato' (the same thing essentially). that preset will not show up in the list and when i select import it still says it can't find it.

i have downloaded the whole IO lib from the make music website and re-installed. still not there. i can use things as they are but why did this happen? any ideas? (was there an update i missed since the July one?)

Re: Missing Instrument in IO

Quote Originally Posted by nexussynth View Post
    ...IO won't load "wagner brass soft attack" it says "no samples or generators were found"...)
    Good catch, Nexussynth - I just now opened ARIA, tried to load that Wagner patch and got the same error - "Not found: C:/Program Files/Garritan/Instant Orchestra/Instruments/Brass Patches/a1wagner_0002102.audio"--and so forth.

I have the most recent updates of both ARIA and IO, being on the Beta testing team. I'll report this to the developers right after posting this response to you.

So, in other words, - you found an error, something to be fixed in the next iteration.

Randy

Thumbs up Re: Missing Instrument in IO

Thanks for the quick reply! i found a couple other ones that won't load like "barouqestra 1&2".

i thought it might be a bug since i re-downloaded and re-installed twice. i'll check back once in a awhile to see if this was fixed.

Thanks for the quick reply! i found a couple other ones that won't load like "barouqestra 1&2".

i thought it might be a bug since i re-downloaded and re-installed twice. i'll check back once in a awhile to see if this was fixed.
    I've heard back from one of the developers. Some recent changes in ARIA accidentally broke a few instruments in IO - The fixes have already been written, and they'll be released soon in an up-coming update. Meanwhile - hopefully it's not too inconvenient for you.

Randy

On my system, when I select Wagner Brass Soft Attack I cannot enter the notes using the mouse. Nor can I enter it using the midi keyboard. However, I can enter and hear it by playing the cyber music keyboard with my mouse. Indeed, a strange situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    On my system, when I select Wagner Brass Soft Attack I cannot enter the notes using the mouse. Nor can I enter

it using the midi keyboard. However, I can enter and hear it by playing the cyber music keyboard with my mouse. Indeed, a strange

situation.
    Hi, Tom - Thanks for your input on this.

You're apparently not using the most current ARIA, since you're able to load Wagner Brass Soft Attack. Nexussynth and I can't get past square one. We get an error message that the samples can't be found. And it's been confirmed by Chad, one of ARIA's main programmers, that with some recent changes made in ARIA, a few of IO's instruments were accidentally broken. The fix is coming soon. But meanwhile, anyone with a current ARIA has this problem.

The thing you're describing is odd - It seems like it could involve missing CC1 volume data.

Randy

so will this just require an aria update or the whole IO library updated? doesn't matter though, but that i have downloaded the whole lib three times this week! thanks for keeping us updated.

got a new (used) PC this christmas so it's running XP SP3. installed all my libs and they are running fine. installed latest Player and GPO4 is fine, but IO won't load "wagner brass soft attack" it says "no samples or generators were found" and it has a partial list of what it can't seem to find. "wagner brass" loads just fine. "full brass soft attack" does this too.

i have inspected the instruments folder in the IO folder and there is no preset for 'wagner brass soft attack' instead it shows 'wagner brass portato' (the same thing essentially). that preset will not show up in the list and when i select import it still says it can't find it.

i have downloaded the whole IO lib from the make music website and re-installed. still not there. i can use things as they are but why did this happen? any ideas? (was there an update i missed since the July one?)
    Have you contacted technical support?

The reason I ask is that I've fixed the sfz instruments that were having issues. Support/CS may be able to provide you with this fix if you contact them.

Best Regards,
    Chad

I am running the most current ARIA.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    I am running the most current ARIA.
    You're a version or two behind, Tom, because the problems with some IO patches that Nexxus reported here are happening in the current ARIA. Chad, the ARIA programmer who joined this thread confirmed the problem when I reported it to him. As you can see from his post, he's written an update for IO which fixes the problems that happened with the ARIA update, and that will be publicly available soon.

Randy

Go Back to forum