• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: New VSL Demo by ThomasJ

New VSL Demo by ThomasJ

Dear beloved ones,

I just stepped over ThomasJ\'s latest invention. Its magical and somewhat different from his other masterpieces. I love it.

What can I say... I am in love...

Love - Chris

Re: New VSL Demo by ThomasJ

Really nice tune this.. me like!

I am sure it won\'t be long before this guy\'s in Hollywood... Great song, and great versatility!!!

Well you guys should know that this is really a Mancini song (It Had Better Be Tonight) that he just made in VSL. No doubt he has good midi skills though.

It\'s a great piece. And it is a bit more than only Mancini mockup IMHO. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Bring in the elephants! This is circusmusic at its best.

Love - Chris

Thanks guys, I\'ve had a few similar responses to this, Vaultcomplex and all I can say to my defense is that it was completely unconscious. I do think the similarity is striking (having actually A/B\'ed the Mancini piece with mine) and somewhat unfortunate. I think it\'s different in both orchestration and melody, but in the end it\'s just a demo of VSL and nothing serious compositional-wise.

I enjoyed doing something different than 100% pure orchestral music for a change [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thomas. Dont listen to vault. He knows nothing about animals. All my elephants like it quite alot. I am having them all running around now and I havent even fed them yet. They dont care about where the theme comes from... They just wanna party on!

Love - Chris

Lewis, here\'s a taste of my demo cd which is in the works and is due out in a few months.

I did it about a year ago and it\'s the only track I\'ve got online at the moment. Needless to say it wasn\'t done with VSL because VSL wasn\'t out when I composed this [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Picture this as an opening to some dramatic epic opening of a movie in some exotic setting [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

If you listen with your eyes closed you can feel the big epic helicopter shots gliding over a mysterious scenery [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast