• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: 24 Bit Bosendorfer Introductory Pricing

Share/Bookmark

24 Bit Bosendorfer Introductory Pricing

The 24 bit Bardstown Bosendorfer Imperial Grand Model 290 is now packaged with all three 24 bit versions... Kontakt, EXS24, and HALion.

Through March 16, the special introductory price for the 24 bit versions of the Bardstown Bosendorfer is $199.00, which is the same price as the 16 bit Giga version. On Monday, March 17, the 24 bit Bardstown Bosendorfer will go to its regular price of $249.00.

The 16 bit Giga version of the Bardstown Bosendorfer will remain priced at $199.00. The 16 bit Giga version of this Bosendorfer is 1.5 gigabytes and is packaged on a single compressed CD, whereas the 24 bit versions of the Bardstown Bosendorfer are 2.3 gigabytes and are packaged onto four CD\'s.

Kip McGinnis
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

Re: 24 Bit Bosendorfer Introductory Pricing

ooo, thanks for the heads up, Kip! you\'ll be hearing from me before long.

Spencer

Just a reminder that this is the final week for the introductory pricing of the 24 bit Bardstown Bosendorfer Imperial for $199.00. On Monday March 17, this introductory price will go to the regular price of $249.00. The 16 bit Giga version will remain priced at $199.00.

Thank you,

Kip McGinnis
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

Is anyone using the 24-bit version? Can you comment?

Yes, I am using the 24 bit version in Halion, and it is even better than the giga version (if that is possible [grin]). Seems smoother and a bit less brassy.

-- Martin

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

The 24-bit version sounds really nice. You can hear the difference. The piano\'s timbral quality definitely benefits from the additional sample depth. The decays fall off more smoothly, and the imaging is crisper. Kip\'s done some work on the samples, too. There are many improvements to an already high-quality library. My only complaint is that GigaStudio is not yet able to load it. I\'m sure this will be remedied soon enough. I think you\'ll like it. This is one of the most useful sampled pianos around.

Kip\'s done some work on the samples, too
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hi Bruce,

Could you possibly explain what this work on the samples is? I currently use the 16 bit version.

Thanks,
    Ed

Can anybody tell me how much ram is needed to run the 24 bit version in Halion-I have a Dell Inspiron 8200 with an RME Multiface, firewire external drive, 1.7Ghz P4, that seems to be smooth at 2 seconds of preload. I\'ve got 768megs of ram now, and can only go to 1024.

Knowing this would help me with the increasingly difficult decision of which of the currently available \"super pianos\" will rock my world enough to make a purchase. Application-wise, I
    play jazz and R&B live, and more classical and
    pop styles for my jingle and Christmas toy tracks.

Thanks-Roger W. Barnes

It would be highly unusual for a P4 to be limited to 1 GB of RAM.

Originally posted by Ed Vance:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Kip\'s done some work on the samples, too
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hi Bruce,

Could you possibly explain what this work on the samples is? I currently use the 16 bit version.

Thanks,
    Ed
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hi Ed,

On the 24 bit versions I tweaked some of the samples in order to make it more of a perfectly even voiced piano.

Kindest regards,
    Kip

Go Back to forum