• Register
  • Help

Topic: Five Miniatures - MM III, IV and V

Share/Bookmark

Five Miniatures - MM III, IV and V

For those of you who have listened to the first two movements here are the final 3 movements. Again, I am posting both the live version and the Finale version.

MM III Angry Passion - Finale or MM III - LIVE

MM IV Quiet Solitude - Finale or MM IV - LIVE

and finally

MM V - Joyous Collaboration or MM V - Live

Thanks to all that have listened. I appreciate your comments. I must tell you that MM IV is my favorite and the musicians played it extremely well (their favorite also!)

Enjoy the listen and best regards,
    Bill
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

Re: Five Miniatures - MM III, IV and V

Hi Bill,

Since I'm convinced now of the quality of your live recordings, I start immediately there. (But I took a short Finale listen too, but they can't keep me listening).
    Excellent players perform an excellent work. I do agree with the musicians that MM IV is quite interesting and rich, it offers plenty of subtle performing possibilities tot make every play different. It depends on a delicate dialogue between the players. I suppose it would be impossible to play it with two separate performers (who can't see each other).

Thanks again for sharing, Bill. This is real art work!

Max

Hi Bill.
    First class output.
    Contemporary music is alive and well.
    A link to your work now shines on my Facebook page.
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Quote Originally Posted by fabiolcati View Post
    Hi Bill.
    First class output.
    Contemporary music is alive and well.
    A link to your work now shines on my Facebook page.
    Thanks fabio, I am humbled by that. Love to see your FB page. I am at William F. Rayer on FB.

best regards,
    Bill

Challenge #10 Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    Hi Bill,

Since I'm convinced now of the quality of your live recordings, I start immediately there. (But I took a short Finale listen too, but they can't keep me listening).
    Excellent players perform an excellent work. I do agree with the musicians that MM IV is quite interesting and rich, it offers plenty of subtle performing possibilities tot make every play different. It depends on a delicate dialogue between the players. I suppose it would be impossible to play it with two separate performers (who can't see each other).

Thanks again for sharing, Bill. This is real art work!
    Max
    I appreciate that, Max, Thanks.

On a side, I have a former student of mine (1982 no less) that lives in Brussels and I wondered if you might have heard of him. His name is Eric Delson Head of Performing Arts at the International School of Brussels, and Musical Director of the Brussels Choral Society. I know the likely hood of you two ever crossing paths is small, but it is a small musical world.

Anyways, thanks for the listen, best regards,
    Bill

Challenge #10 Winner

Quote Originally Posted by wrayer View Post
    I appreciate that, Max, Thanks.

On a side, I have a former student of mine (1982 no less) that lives in Brussels and I wondered if you might have heard of him. His name is Eric Delson Head of Performing Arts at the International School of Brussels, and Musical Director of the Brussels Choral Society. I know the likely hood of you two ever crossing paths is small, but it is a small musical world.

Anyways, thanks for the listen, best regards,
    Bill
    Unfortunately, I don't know him. Since my musical degree was not an academic one (I'm mainly an autodidact who passed the exams with the Central Exam Commission), there is little chance that I circulate in these circles. So far, no serious work of mine has been published (no money and no public interest (and no 'guild') for that) and therefore it is unlikely that my name would turn up next to 'serious musicians'.
    But I figure among the world's greatest conductors on an English website (because of my work with the 'kleine compagnie'). I consider this as a major joke. I can't imagine what I would be doing on that list...

Max

Unfortunately, I don't know him. Since my musical degree was not an academic one (I'm mainly an autodidact who passed the exams with the Central Exam Commission).
    With or without education we are all autodidacts! I just wondered. I know very little about Belgium or Brussels other than the fact that I have a former student who married there and is now living there and nephew on my wife's side who also lives there. The furthest East I have been is New York City.

But I figure among the world's greatest conductors on an English website (because of my work with the 'kleine compagnie'). I consider this as a major joke. I can't imagine what I would be doing on that list...

Max
    Ah the great Max Hamburg, Maestro... I'll take fame any way I can get it.

Thanks for the reply,
    Bill

Challenge #10 Winner

I too went straight for the live recordings, knowing from your previous threads that they'd sound great. No disappointments!

It's interesting that you have rather specific titles for these abstract pieces - And I didn't understand the last one being called "Joyous Collaboration," since I found it to be in much the same mood as "Quiet Solitude"--.

Your gig there in Cleveland is certainly impressive, Bill.

Randy

Hi Bill,

I just listened to the live versions. I also like IV the best.

MM V could be considered celebratory after IV as it seems to dance a little.

I enjoyed your MM project. It's great you now have this so well recorded.

Cleveland Rocks!

Phil

Go Back to forum