• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gigastudio tuning imprecise levers/ layering?

Share/Bookmark

Gigastudio tuning imprecise levers/ layering?

When I try to use the tuning slider I can never return it to 0. Is there a way to enter in a numerical value?
    Also is there a way to layer sounds and have independent control over volume, panning etc., if you don\'t have a multiple in interface. If I link 2 ports everything is linked not just the sounds. So I cannot simply layer two violin sounds and make one louder than the other and pan them differently. I need that ability. It seems so basic.

Re: Gigastudio tuning imprecise levers/ layering?

Please lete us know if you find out, I know I\'ll need that function quite a bit.

The little help icon says hold the shift key and click on a control to center it.

Boyd

1. to set pan to center or tune to zero, press shift then left click (and drag it a little toward the desired direction).

2. the layering you describe is basic to me too, but I find it impossible within GSt setting. If I need layering like that, I just copy the event to the other track in Cakewalk. That\'s annoying because you can\'t hear the result in realtime.

Deep White

partial solution would be to adjust the respective volume and panning of the layers before u link them with the little green box - they will stay that way until u change the volume while linked -

Go Back to forum