• Register
  • Help

Topic: Joining samples by batch processing.

Share/Bookmark

Joining samples by batch processing.

[img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] A simple question.

Everybody knows how to join two or more samples in a wave editor by copy and paste. Applying the same procedure to a set of samples is however tedious and time consuming.

Does anyone know how to join samples by batch processing?

Thank you in advance,

Giorgio

Re: Joining samples by batch processing.

vegas 4 now has scripting features,

What I do is load up multiple samples as \"takes\" then jsut altenrate the takes using CRTL-T

for example if you want to combine samples A and B

select all samples in the \"A\" category from the wave pool, right click and drag them to a track, select \"add as takes\"

select all samples in the \"b\" category from the wave pool, right click and drag them to another track, select \"add as takes\"

then group them together and mix, then hit crtl-T and mix again.

you should be able to do this with scripting features in vegas. I ahven\'t tried them yet tho. Thre might even be an eaiser way.

but I cant think of another way to do it without using mono samples.

If the King himself cannot suggest a practical solution, I seriously doubt anyone else will.
    Odd enough that such a basic tool for a sample developer/tweaker is not available.

Fortunately this is not the case [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] . By a thorough search I could find two pieces of software, under the form of dos commandline, perfectly suitable to this purpose.

Check:
    http://www.geffers.demon.co.uk/programs.html
    (10$). I tested it. Works perfectly and can handle 24 & 32 bit samples as well.

or

http://shoptheozarks.com/GGM/ (10$ as well)

Hope it helps.

Giorgio

Cool Edit can also work with copy paste by shortcuts for complete samples, but no batch processing afaik.

Hansi

You\'re not missing out on a great solution. For seamless joints each one needs individual tweaking, especially where there is vibrato, amplitude or timbre modulation in the sample. The same is true if you are emulating a bow change on a solo violin sample to \"lengthen\" it

doh, yah. I should have thought about DOS, there are a couple!! hehee

I tend to forget that some people can actually work with command line stuff [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum