• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Gigapulse

Share/Bookmark

Gigapulse

No Gigastudio 3 yet but Gigapulse...hmm...
    http://www.tascam.com/pdf/AES_NewProd_Bro.pdf

Re: Gigapulse

Might not be the one but I\'m convinced that within the year software reverbs will finally catch up with hardware units (make it 2 years)

Sounds like a cross between cakewalk\'s old Soundstage dx-plugin and Acoustic Mirror.

Question is if this new incarnation has the ability to process multiple sound sources (mics) within one artificial space instead of piling one plugin instance ontop of another.

\"Question is if this new incarnation has the ability to process multiple sound sources (mics) within one artificial space instead of piling one plugin instance ontop of another.\"

One instance would cover all the mic positions. Player positions on stage would each be a different instance. A computer can handle a bunch of them at once from what I hear with CPU room left over. This is one the many things the Austin programers have been working on. Its more than just an upgrade or update, its more like producing several products all at once.

Later
    Dave

Gigapulse looked great, but I couldn\'t hear it well enough to comment on how it sounds. My suspicion is that it\'ll be awesome. (And I don\'t understand why it\'s more than one product. Can you elaborate, Dave?)

P de: for creating spaces, Altiverb is much better than any hardware unit on the planet (that isn\'t also a convolution processor). So it\'s not a couple of years from now, it\'s a couple of years ago!

The nerve. Calling it a \"Giga\" product and it doesn\'t even interface with Gigastudio. Jeesh....

Does sound kina cool though.... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

\"And I don\'t understand why it\'s more than one product. Can you elaborate, Dave?\"

I mean that this thing they announced is a whole product in itself as you can see, the Giga 3.0 revision is like a whole other big product and some additional tools that will be part of 3.0 are like whole products themselves. Its a whole bunch of stuff all at once.

Hope that makes a bit more sense.
    Dave

Who designed the Tascam Web site, \'cos it\'s bloody \'orrible! It\'s also very Netscape 1.0 circa 1995. Which I guess is the new retro look?

andyt

Both of the links appear to have disappeared. Wonder if Tascam have screwed-up and made an unintended premature announcement. What a shame.

Go Back to forum