• Register
  • Help

Topic: VOTA is here!

VOTA is here!

Hi all,

I just needed to share my joy. I just got VOTA and it sounds great!

I had some problems loading up the complete 800mb file, but I figured that I could break it up into several gig files and it works.

I\'m saving for new computer so all midi problems will be fixed then (I hope). [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Btw. Any tips for my new computer? I\'m planning to get Echo audio card (probably Mia or Gina). Good cards?

Re: VOTA is here!

Why would you load up the complete file? You DO know that you can expand .GIG\'s by pressing the \'+\' button and load whichever sub-gigs you need? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but some people still haven\'t found out... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Hi Simon,

yea I know that but due to old computer, I need to store my (big) giga files on another computer on the network.

Anyway thanks for the tip. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hiya falcon1

I don\'t think you will have too much success streaming gigs over a network! Just making sure you know it\'s better to have the gigs on the same computer [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Hi Leon,

Well I didn\'t say that, but I break up the large file to smaller ones which I can copy/paste to my \"local\" drive when needed. This is tedius work, and I\'m looking forward to get new computer so I don\'t need to do this!

Maybe this is just a stupid, but hey I\'m a nOOb in the softsampler field. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I got Gina, it\'s nice.

I get great performance streaming over the network [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I do this alot when I\'m editing gigs.

BTW, I\'m using VotA on some stuff I\'m workign on... freaking awesome.

Gina 24 - works like a charmer. I cannot wait for Votox II. Anyone heard from Nuno on this. Nick?

Man i been reading about vota II since Nov of 2001 I wonder what the hold up is [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Hi Seth,

I understand this to be largely a \'labor of love\' for Nuno. He\'s also probably trying to make a living. Of course Nick is up to his elbows in alligators with the big release coming soon. I can only hope we see this ultility soon.

Go Back to forum