• Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Wanted: Garritan's JABB _ver2_

Share/Bookmark

Wanted: Garritan's JABB _ver2_

Wanted: Garritan's JABB _ver2_

Hi.

Wanted:

I am looking to buy Garritan's JABB _ver2_ --"Jazz and Big Band"-- sample set (w' serial) for Kontakt player2. Full retail (not '1' or a lite verion that may come bundled with notation software.)

(The seller would take the money I give and buy a new fresh Aria version of JABB3.)

Re: Wanted: Garritan's JABB _ver2_

Quote Originally Posted by JM1234321 View Post
    ...I am looking to buy Garritan's JABB _ver2_ --"Jazz and Big Band"...for Kontakt player2. Full retail...
    ---why? If you could even set up this deal, you'd probably be paying the same as you would for the current version of JABB which comes with the ARIA sample player. Why not just get that--?

Randy

Look for my buddy Samuel "Jazz" Neakons, he'll kick up the dust.

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    ---why? If you could even set up this deal, you'd probably be paying the same as you would for the current version of JABB which comes with the ARIA sample player. Why not just get that--?

Randy
    I don't like ARIA player.

I don't like ARIA player.
    I am understandably curious what about ARIA player you do not like. I realize there are a lot functions that are available in the Kontakt Player 2, though Player 2 is harder to find since it's been replaced by Player 3, 4, and now 5. I still have to use Kontakt Player 4 or 5 when I use Gofriller Cello. For me there's the ease of use of ARIA over Kontakt. It also uses up less resources on either my desktop or my laptop. I loved JABB 2 and used it quite a bit. But I love JABB 3 more. It works so seamlessly with both Finale 2011/2012 and Sonar I can't imagine going back.

I'm just curious is all.

Gary
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Quote Originally Posted by serenitymusician View Post
    I am understandably curious what about ARIA player you do not like. I realize there are a lot functions that are available in the Kontakt Player 2, though Player 2 is harder to find since it's been replaced by Player 3, 4, and now 5. I still have to use Kontakt Player 4 or 5 when I use Gofriller Cello. For me there's the ease of use of ARIA over Kontakt. It also uses up less resources on either my desktop or my laptop. I loved JABB 2 and used it quite a bit. But I love JABB 3 more. It works so seamlessly with both Finale 2011/2012 and Sonar I can't imagine going back.

I'm just curious is all.

Gary
    Hi.

And Hi Bowzer. (I am too misanthropic and old to have energy.)

I have K5 full. The JaBB _ver2_ for Kontakt only goes up to K2 (then it went ARIA for ver3). That is why I asked specifically for k2: so sellers don't offer me JaBB version 1 (for Kont1).

"It [aria] also uses up less resources on either my desktop or my laptop."

_Not in Overture 4_. Both on my desk running win7 with Audio Box 44 usb, and my _older_ laptop running vista and on board. (Most non K players use resources oddly --even $1000 sets. Sample companies focus on samples not players; they put together players so as to break away from NI/Kont (which may ask too much royalty).)

Also I don't like the sound in Aria. Stage field is wrong: bass reflections behind violins etc; lack of narrowing (for wind ensembles in large orch templates); generally the "size" of sections compared to others in the sets without ability to edit that. Aria uses CC differently: eg that 'vol is 1 OR 7' thing --BUT INCONSISTENT FOR ALL SETS. (Same CC issues can occur when using different engines in one's templates; ie moving a music passage from one staff/ one engine to another entails editing KySw and CC differently, for that passage --no standardization; cumbersome.)

My extant score templates use Kontakt GPO.

I have most of the Aria sets (4 items). I went out of my way to create aria instances (7) for my large template: I built instrument sections set to my extant template channel settings --ie flute is ch 1 [instance 1], piccolo is ch 2 [also instance 1] etc. That way I could switch between K and aria ad libitum. I loaded a full orch piece and swapped out K for aria. ...And horrible stutters (and the previous paragraph's concerns). Not worth it to me.

I still love the basically FULL sets Garritan did though. Great approach. Other companies should be ashamed.

--
    If I buy a new JaBB ver 1 --which I can find-- for Kont, can I upgrade it to 'JaBB ver 2' through NI service center?

What does JABB 2 have that JABB 1 not have? (_Will 'JABB1' still work with latest kontakt 5 full version?_)

===
    EDIT:

In the name of keeping my Aria concerns in one post, I enter this very important addition:

Note a main prob I had with Aria that I left out of my above impromptu list was also _Aria needs to allow more than 16 slots per instance_ --eg another page of slots per instance; Not channels mind you, but slots. The way it is now, one runs out of "chairs"[slots] when building _'layered'_ sections._ (Fix is: when I use Aria to build a wind section--that inc aux sax and sarrus-- I use COMB2 wind patches for a2 [adue] winds.)

You must have JABB 2 to work with any newer versions of Kontakt from version 2.24 on. Programming has changed in Kontakt starting with Kontakt 3 and may affect how the Garritan libraries work. I know that the newer versions have broke the way some of the sounds work.

ARIA uses the same controllers as Kontakt 2 plus gives you more options for CC1.

I would recommend moving away from Vista and upgrade to Windows 7. Memory management is better in Win7 and this could be affecting the memory issues with ARIA. I have not seen these issues on my computer with ARIA using more than Kontakt 4 or 5 with Win7.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn View Post
    You must have JABB 2 to work with any newer versions of Kontakt from version 2.24 on. Programming has changed in Kontakt starting with Kontakt 3 and may affect how the Garritan libraries work. I know that the newer versions have broke the way some of the sounds work.

ARIA uses the same controllers as Kontakt 2 plus gives you more options for CC1.

I would recommend moving away from Vista and upgrade to Windows 7. Memory management is better in Win7 and this could be affecting the memory issues with ARIA. I have not seen these issues on my computer with ARIA using more than Kontakt 4 or 5 with Win7.

Jim
    Hi.

Thanks.

K5 "Broke" some garri KySwt layers, yes. Eg "alternate bowing" and "down" and "up" KSes are EQ'd LOUD now. Fix in K5 is grab those layers (under the wrench icon) and adjust the EQ/vol; or delete those layers all together, freeing up resources. But yes there are idiosyncrasies which user needs to fiddle with, if using old garri sets in K5. (If I fix them all, I may offer as 3rd party. Is that legal? (...The K5 edit files not the garri samples repacked.) LOL

K5 allows a nifty "narrowing" effect I use for some GPO winds and some percuss and harp. (Note I use the K5's 'factory harp' instead of GPO harp now; also K5 choir.) (K5 allows other things: eg possibly building '3rd party' col legno KS layer; "reversing of phase" etc so as to enable creation of desks [solo+ensemb layer]).

Note a main prob I had with Aria that I left out of my above impromptu list was also _Aria needs to allow more than 16 slots per instance_ --eg another page of slots per instance; Not channels mind you, but slots. The way it is now, one runs out of "chairs"[slots] when building _'layered'_ sections._ (Fix is: when I use Aria to build a wind section--that inc aux sax and sarrus-- I use COMB2 wind patches for a2 [adue] winds.)

-----
    I use Win7 on my desk top. There are Aria problems there: echoed click stutters. Maybe the _echo clicks_ I'm getting when opening more that 3 instances of Aria in Ov4 are caused by the way my audio box44 USB interacts with my computer hardware's USB configuration? Trouble shooting the whole thing became unnecessary since I got effective result with K5 (barring fiddling edits).

Hi.

I use Win7 on my desk top. There are Aria problems there: echoed click stutters. Maybe the _echo clicks_ I'm getting when opening more that 3 instances of Aria in Ov4 are caused by the way my audio box44 USB interacts with my computer hardware's USB configuration? Trouble shooting the whole thing became unnecessary since I got effective result with K5 (barring fiddling edits).

Just fyi to whom it may concern, I figured this out. No more stutters.

Buffer size in audiobox 44 got set to lowest [256], when updating audiobox firmware months ago. Never thought to re check it and reset it.

---
    Oh and another fix of my concerns: the aria stagefield knob, when set to very low (eg under 10*), acts as a "narrower." (*Maybe any setting under middle [50 or 63?] narrows ...haven't fiddled with it more.)

That should be clearer to the user. The way it is now, it implies any setting above 0 is adding more width. Should be UI'd as a negative /positive graded knob.

--
    Both of those fixes should/could have given to me by the experts when I brought them up above.

----------
    ----------
    I have long since made my own GPO k5 samples.

Eg all the brass overlays WITH sordini; string divisi patches; wind unison patches; narrowed some percussion and others that were two wide comparatively; Fixed the loudness bugs introduced by k4-5 (eg cello pizz high range needed to be much lowered etc).

I'd like to change the envelopes that get triggered to brasher as volume increases from cc1 to cc 7.

Go Back to forum