• Register
  • Help

Topic: Meditation for Flute and Guitar

Share/Bookmark

Meditation for Flute and Guitar

Meditation for Flute and Guitar

About 7 minutes long. Nylon string guitar from Roland JV-1010; Flute from GPO.

Relaxed and flowing, not so hard, or so I think. The guitar part is provided in standard notation and tab notation.

Some of the flute passages need work on articulation, which I will some day do. The piece incorporates parts of a previous work.

I don't know why I am presently interested in classical guitar, or flute, but that's the way it is. Next nearly finished is back to the piano, followed by a solo guitar, if I can get past the nebulous stage.

The link will take you to Score Exchange, where you can listen to the mp3 (near top), or if you want to view the score, and have the free Scorch plug in, you can read the score while it plays, but the audio quality is greatly diminished.

Richard

Re: Meditation for Flute and Guitar

Hi Richard,

Glad you posted your "Meditation": I had the opportunity to meditate during more than 7 minutes with a nice flute guiding my thoughts. Unfortunately, I didn't see any direction. The ever flowing continuity of the guitar somewhere in the back seemed pretty redundant to me (and that's my personal opinion, so don't be offended or so). The flute tells a story, the JV)1010 guitar doesn't really participate in the 'dialogue', it's only plucking many notes in the background. Think of the great Syrinx by Debussy: a simple flute singing out utmost beauty. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz5ouH8D6Fw ).
    And 7 minutes seem pretty long without real 'catching' musical events.

But, it's certainly a beautiful piece, although I (again personally) would like to see it stripped to the essence.

Max

The flute tells a story, the JV)1010 guitar doesn't really participate in the 'dialogue', it's only plucking many notes in the background.<

Yep! That is close to my intention.

I saw no reason to take offense! I always carefully consider comments, and sometimes act on them.

Richard

A nice guitar and flute piece Richard.

I think the guitar seemed a little repetitive at first and then it sort of melted into the back ground but there was more interest when it needed it.

I had a used JV-1010 for a short time years ago. I was always trading up to the next new thing.

The flute could use some humanization but a live performance would be great meditation.

Phil

Go Back to forum