• Register
  • Help

Topic: Drum Kit with mixable Room mics

Share/Bookmark

Drum Kit with mixable Room mics

I\'ve been working on a drum kit that has room mics that can be mixed separately from the dry tones. I\'d love to get some feedback on it. I\'ve got a couple of mp3\'s with the kit by itself and then in a rock track here:

Spin Kit

Each drum is 8 velocity layers with double stacks for key things like snare, hi-hat and toms. Some other extras are mid-levels hats for harder rock grooves, snare ruffs and cymbal chimes. Check it out.

-bassman

Re: Drum Kit with mixable Room mics

I don\'t know what kind of pricing you have in mind, but you better compare it to Drumkit From Hell as far as features and sound. Their kit sounds better for rock and is only $89.00.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

I like the sound of this drum kit a great deal. That is a very useful kick sound, and the tones are very round overall. I think it would cross over to lots of pop and rock applications.

Good luck.

Hey,

Sounds real nice and very usable. I also enjoyed your mp3 demo.

Good stuff.

John

Sounds cool, bassman.

The room sound definitely adds a lot when it comes in halfway through the demo.

Sounds great. Very nice work. I differ starkly with Bruce in that the kick is the one element I personally wouldn\'t want to use. Too much of a \"tick\" sound for me with no real resonance.

Just an opinion.

Thanks for all the feedback. Glad you guys like it (generally). I know one kit can\'t be all to everyone. The room mics were the key element I was trying to get to work well. I checked out the Drumkit from Hell and it seems a bit more for the heavy stuff than mine. Very good though! I have more kits in development and will keep you updated.

later
    bassman

This is one of the most versatile drum kits we have heard and used. the snare alone is worth it. and room control just make it more musical.

well done.

what about updates?

douglas

I like DFH, but this is a different beast. I like it. Good tight snare and nice thud in the BD. One could do a lot with this.

Go Back to forum