• Register
  • Help

Topic: Is there a way to control keyswitches with CC's?

Share/Bookmark

Is there a way to control keyswitches with CC's?

Since I use step record, I'm wondering if there's a way to change sounds via the keyswitching function, by using controllers? For example, if I want to switch from regular Bass to muted or pizzicato, is there way to do that in event list with a controller? The "on the fly" method only seems to work if you are recording.

mpd

Re: Is there a way to control keyswitches with CC's?

Quote Originally Posted by michael diemer View Post
    Since I use step record, I'm wondering if there's a way to change sounds via the keyswitching function, by using controllers? For example, if I want to switch from regular Bass to muted or pizzicato, is there way to do that in event list with a controller? The "on the fly" method only seems to work if you are recording.

mpd
    You just insert the note that triggers the keyswitch in any work space you want. Event list is the clumsiest way to work, I would suggest you do it in the Piano Roll View - I think you're talking about working in DAW software with a PRV? Keyswitching doesn't only work "on the fly" as you said. But you don't need to use controllers, just know what note you need to insert and put it in the MIDI track. You can see by looking in the ARIA interface what notes trigger the articulation changes you want.

Randy

Thanks Randy for your help. Once I figured out which note to enter (it was, e.g. "C2" on my setup) it worked. This will help me minimize the number of Aria players I have running, and thus conserve CPU.

mpd

Quote Originally Posted by michael diemer View Post
    Thanks Randy for your help. Once I figured out which note to enter (it was, e.g. "C2" on my setup) it worked. This will help me minimize the number of Aria players I have running, and thus conserve CPU.

mpd
    There you go, Michael - Using keyswitches is indeed a resource saver. Glad you have it going on now.

Randy

Go Back to forum