• Register
  • Help

Topic: SL-1100 + Gigapiano .art?

Share/Bookmark

SL-1100 + Gigapiano .art?

I was wondering if anyone has any ART files for Gigapiano to make it sound decently with the SL-1100. The dynamic range is really touchy at the moment, but I\'m not sure if it is due to the library just being bad or the velocity curve output of the SL-1100 being linear and the library assuming otherwise.

My luck with using the editor to address this myself has been rather bad so any help would be appreciated.

I tried playing on a Kawai digital piano a while back and had some good results. Unfortunately, my setup is not nearly as enjoyable.

Thanks! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: SL-1100 + Gigapiano .art?

Have you tried changing the velocity curves on your master (Fatar?). I\'ve used the SL 880 w/ Giga & found a decent curve that worked. Don\'t try too hard though, the dynamics on Gigapiano are inconsistant, dare I say nearly non-existant as well. Three sample layers doesn\'t cut it. Try a better library! The Studio Grand 88 by Bigga Giggas is a joy to play, & under $100. Blows GP out of the water...

If you\'re in the market for a new library, there are many consistant pianos for GS out there, just search a bit through this board, listen to demos and I\'m sure you find something that suits your needs.

Hansi

One difference I noted between the SL-880 and the SL-1100 is the shape (linear or non-linear curve type) function is only implemented in the 880. Is that what you are talking about when mentioning about changing the curves or are you talking about the sensitivity? I have tried tweaking the 1100\'s sensitivity but that didn\'t work. That led to trying to accomodate the non-linearity in the library itself.

I\'ll definitely look through the old posts about other piano libraries.

Thanks for the help!

Originally posted by pianojoe:
    Have you tried changing the velocity curves on your master (Fatar?). I\'ve used the SL 880 w/ Giga & found a decent curve that worked. Don\'t try too hard though, the dynamics on Gigapiano are inconsistant, dare I say nearly non-existant as well. Three sample layers doesn\'t cut it. Try a better library! The Studio Grand 88 by Bigga Giggas is a joy to play, & under $100. Blows GP out of the water...
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">

Go Back to forum