• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: My New Diva Comp

My New Diva Comp

Hi all,

I\'ve been checking out this forum for the last year or so, and I\'ve learned a lot from you all. I\'ve also really enjoyed all of your original compositions. So now I\'ve finally worked up to posting a comp [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
    I cracked open my copy of Diva several hours ago, added ingredients, baked at 350 degrees, and here is the result.

Comments are certainly welcome.

Re: My New Diva Comp

Quite nice! I think that\'s the most convincing Diva performance I\'ve personally heard.

To my ears, the voice didn\'t scream \"SAMPLES!! USING SAMPLES HERE!! NOT REAL SINGING!!\" That\'s gotta be hard to pull off, even with what must be such excellent samples as Diva.

A flattering setting for the library, and an enjoyable piece to listen to regardless of the smaples. What were the other libs?

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the kind words [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] The other libraries/modules used were VSL (Strings, Horn, Percussion), Rare Instruments (Taiko), and Atmosphere.

Very nice composition. I think it showcases the library quite well although I could stand to hear the vox just a touch higher in the mix. Nice overall sound.
    Good work.

You\'ve raised the bar for Diva demos! Best that I\'ve heard.

The music is nice, the crescendo is way too dynamic and rough, imo.

The samples: What mp3 encoder are you using? Sounds like a filter on your track. The diva samples sound better than what I\'ve heard before, but this time it sounds like there\'s a weird noise reduction filter on it or some strange EQ. They sound dull and lifeless without the high freq. material that it should have. This goes for the whole mix actually. I\'m guessing it\'s your mp3 encoder, but it might actually be the diva samples themselves or the way you mixed the piece.

Anyway, good job on the music!

This is the best DIVA demo I\'ve heard so far! Wow!

If I haven\'t bought DIVA yet, this will make me go out and buy it! No kidding. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

The mood and title of the song fits well. Very somber, sad. I can picture Christ being crucified on the cross at Golgotha.

@Jamie Haggerty
    Yeah, I think I agree. I think I\'m going to try a 1 or 2 db boost on vocals and see how it sounds. Thanks for the input.

Wow, that is a really huge compliment. Thanks Carl.

I\'m using the Fraunhofer encoder that comes with Cooledit. Do you think the dynamics and roughness is more a mixing issue or an orchestration issue? I\'m guessing the dullness that you hear is from my mixing. For the most part, I didn\'t touch the eq - so this could be the root of the problem. Thanks for your comments, I really appreciate it.

Thanks! Francis will be glad to hear this [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I listened to this on my little internet speakers, so I didn\'t notice anything wrong except I thought the crescendo could use a little choir behind it. Anyway, the samples didn\'t sound like samples and the music was really nice. Great job and cool library! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

i\'d dare say that demo is good enough to move some product! Nice job and nice demo.

Go Back to forum