• Register
  • Help

Topic: loading Soundfonts - How to?

Share/Bookmark

loading Soundfonts - How to?

Hi,
    I did a search on all of the forums on a step-bystep procedure for loading and converting .sf2 file but couldn\'t find one.

I have really searched GSt for some basic function that says like \"Inserting/importing soundfonts\" but I can\'t find it. I see the insert a .wav

So, how do I import a sf2 into the editor and convert it.

I\'m sure it\'s gotta be basic but I don\'t see it. And the documentation doesn\'t say either.

Thanks

Re: loading Soundfonts - How to?

In GSEdit, do File|Open. The \"Files of type\" drop-down includes .sf2 - just open one of those, then you can save it as a .gig.
    Note - GSEdit originally had a bug where saving certain sound fonts would cause a bad crash (had to restart computer). I haven\'t checked yet whether the update fixes this.

URSATZ

It do! It doe! It does!!!

get the update

Boyd

[This message has been edited by Boydbob (edited 07-23-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ursatz:
    In GSEdit, do File|Open. The \"Files of type\" drop-down includes .sf2 - just open one of those, then you can save it as a .gig.
    Note - GSEdit originally had a bug where saving certain sound fonts would cause a bad crash (had to restart computer). I haven\'t checked yet whether the update fixes this.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What are the possibilities, if any, for using sound fonts in Giga Sampler?
    Steve

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nous:
    What are the possibilities, if any, for using sound fonts in Giga Sampler?
    Steve
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In gagsampler you can\'t load soundfonts.
    You need a translator to convert sf2 to gig.
    Gigastudio editor has one.

I had some success loading in sf2 and converting to Gig with melodic instruments.
    But any percussion or drums always produced a delay. I made sure there were no efx on. So somewhere between the conversion something was mistranslated.
    (I\'ve been trying to get the 2.01 update but I\'m having trouble getting my CD-Key to be accepted.)

It would seem there weren\'t any problems with melodic instruments, though.

If you don\'t have Giga studio and you only want a soundfont to gig tranlator then you could just buy a stand alone translator from chickensys (something like that). I don\'t have that program but I\'ve read about it on these forums. Do a search for it, if your interested.

Go Back to forum