• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Piano, Violin And Cello Trio

Share/Bookmark

Piano, Violin And Cello Trio

Here's some music I posted a while back. I have made some structural changes and I'm using Audiobro's LASS First Chair Violin and Cello along with the Garritan Steinway with the classic perspective.

There is also some sounds from Miroslav Philharmonic.

Piano, Violin And Cello Trio

Re: Piano, Violin And Cello Trio

Really nice, Phil. I love the sound of the instruments. Garritan piano is good, but the violin and the cello do sound particularly realistic. (Only just a tiny bit in the background / or the piano is too close in the balance) I love the second part best. It reminds me somehow (I don't know why) of an Irish folk tune or at least it sounds very Irish to me...

Thanks for sharing this beautiful trio.

Max

Hey Phil! This sounds nice to me but the strings are so far in the background that I can hardly hear them. I would like to listen to this again if you adjust the instrument balance. Thanks for the post. Jay

Hi, Phil - Two pieces for the price of one! Nice, gentle, bucolic mood in both sections. I was expecting a return to the opening movement, but didn't mind being deposited where I was at the end of part two.

I guess you've swapped out MP3s since you first posted this? I heard the violin and cello just fine - the piano may still be a bit more dominant than it needs to be, but the balance wasn't nearly as off as what I expected after reading the previous comments.

Randy

Nice romantic writing, Phil. You do have a romantic heart. I can almost hear the lyrics. What, no lyrics? This piece cries to be sung. I wanted to hear more when each piece ended. As for a criticism, I would only say that I would like to not hear the piece end with its tail cut off. By that I mean as the sound fades, it never fades all the way, it gets chopped of. The end of the recorded sample should be allowed to fade to nothing before ending, just as it does in a concert hall.

Nice writing,
    Bill
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

Hi Max,

I happy you liked this one. I have pulled back on the Garritan Steinway and took some of the verb off of it for a little more clarity.

Irish? Maybe it's just a bit of Danny Boy, huh.

Phil

What's up Jay,

Try it now.

I hope it's a little more balanced and thanks for posting.

Phol

Randy,

Hi, Phil - Two pieces for the price of one! Nice, gentle, bucolic mood in both sections. I was expecting a return to the opening movement, but didn't mind being deposited where I was at the end of part two.
    Yes, they are sort of two different pieces I strung together. It's easy to do with the section feature of my DAW.

I think the first one has a little pop feel with the piano. Maybe it makes it a little more palatable for the unwashed masses.

I guess you've swapped out MP3s since you first posted this?
    You heard version 1 which was just slightly heavy on the piano. I was trying to give the Garritan instrument a little more exposure.

Thanks for the good comments.

Phil

Bill,

Much of what I come up with is at least partially melody driven.

I image you could start this with the trio and then maybe start adding voices in the middle(the bridge?). Then the last piece would be choral with words and instrument backing. Some sort of folk style lyrics maybe.

I went back and tried to give the end a more natural fade. The piano needs to be softened so I don't have to do an audio fade out on it but then something went wrong with the cello audio track. These DAWS do have their moments.

I'll get it yet!! Got it!

My girl friend calls me Mr persistent. You have to be doing this or nothing would ever get finished.

Thanks much for listening!

Phil

My girl friend calls me Mr persistent. You have to be doing this or nothing would ever get finished.
    You're absolutely right there. And at a certain moment, you have to quit a composition, for there's always a reason to keep changing and 'improving'...

Max

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast