• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: VSL Revelation...

Share/Bookmark

VSL Revelation...

I got my Perfomance Set today and loaded legato patches from the variety of instruments it includes. Guys, this is it. The search for expressive performances is over.

It was really hard for myself to believe that THAT many intervals for all the notes were recorded. Well folks, it is true, and it shows with \"flowing,\" colors.

I played with the legato trumpet section, and you can hear the intervals between each of the notes played. No need for keyswitching at all, which was an incredible joy.

The grace-note legato patch on the oboe made my mouth drop. You can perform virtuosic passages with brilliant ease, and the outcome is equal to that of a professional instrumentalist.

I can go on and on about how great this library is, but I\'d end up writing a novel. The price is steep, ( I should know ) but it is worth every penny a hundred fold. If you have to sell the kids, do it. There is a catch to the aesthetic quality achievable by these samples, and it\'s how much memory it takes up.

Each of these patches take up massive amounts of memory, but it is a small price to pay. Purchasing another gigamachine for this library is recommended, and would be well worth it. I\'d take advantage of the first edition prices now to access the VIP prices besides spending double that if you were to buy the pro edition new all-together.

If you\'re sick and tired of messing around with tweaking performances, get VSL. From now on you can concentrate on the music, which is a pleasant contradistinction to the constant worry of the realism of samples.

And no, I don\'t work for Ilio.

Re: VSL Revelation...

4 kids here, thanks for the tip, Aaron [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Originally posted by A_Sapp:
    If you\'re sick and tired of messing around with tweaking performances, get VSL. From now on you can concentrate on the music, which is a pleasant contradistinction to the constant worry of the realism of samples.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">This is exactly what I was looking for... My order is on its way. Can\'t wait to get it!!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

It\'s good to have the entire set. I have heard that the scale material is quite extensive and that in the symphonic cube, we shall have tons of material to work with. I have yet to hear about the harp glissandi. I really like what I have, but they only move in an upward potition. I want my glisses to go down too.

Hi Aaron,

As I will not be able to get everything ($$$), how far can I get by with just the Performance Set (and an additional computer to go with it)???

What say ye?

Thanks

Rob

The Performance Set is a must, and another computer will only help. I was skeptical with the price/quality ratio, but after messing with just a FEW of the samples, it is well, well worth it. I knew this library was extensive, but that is an extreme understatement.

Yea, Sharmy, help me out on that. I hear that many use Win 98 for gigastudio. Is it really that much better? I use Win 2k, and it seems to work just fine. Will Win 98 reduce ram? Is it that much better?

esperlad, use the mod wheel to change from up to down glissandi

So am I able to have my current computer right now running win2k, and my dedicated giga machine running 98 without any compatibility problems?

I know that Giga 3 will release ... when ? around october (I thing)

Go Back to forum