• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Bring Meaning Back Into My Life

Share/Bookmark

Bring Meaning Back Into My Life

Dear Old Friends Of Garritan Forums,

I am here to ask you to please check out my KickStarter link and read my life story. I have spent the better part of the last 4 years in a very deep depression and lost my passion for creating music, playing music, and in some respects life itself. I hope that if you will read my story and watch my short video, you will be inspired and will be able to help me by any means, especially just spreading the word. Thanks So Much.

http://kck.st/W5Xbca
    Yours Truly,
    TubaJediMaster
    May the Fourth Be With You

My demos:
    http://www.box.net/shared/ejtluyupfb

Re: Bring Meaning Back Into My Life

Tuba, it is fantastic to see you up here on the Forum again. I've often wondered where in the heck you'd gone off to.

You've already inspired me with your story, Ben. The faith you have in yourself and your talent is what you need, not in creeds that other people may find important for themselves, so I'm very happy to see you getting your proverbial sh!t back together!

The name of your quintet doesn't offend me, but I do feel you could choose a name with a bit more class. Re-working the name you have, I would suggest "Brass Blaster Masters" or "Blaster Brass Masters" - something like that. You'd probably find a wider audience without "a s s"* in the title - hehe.

More power to you!

Randy

* HAHahahaha, the Forum software was offended by the word - so maybe that's a sign. I had to edit my post with spaces between the letters.

Thank you all so much for the comments! I'd like to respond firstly to the naming of our group. How's "Bass Blaster Brass Masters"?

I think the reason I was so set on "A-$-$", is because it perfectly rhymed with "Brass". But "Bass" and "Brass" would be a partial rhyme with "Blasters" "Masters" finishing it off. I like the suggestions you gave bowser but I feel like it needs 4 words.

Also I am personally an atheist so faith won't do me much good. But we're not here to debate that .
    Yours Truly,
    TubaJediMaster

My demos:

Quote Originally Posted by tubajedimr View Post
    ...How's "Bass Blaster Brass Masters"?..."Bass" and "Brass" would be a partial rhyme with "Blasters" "Masters" finishing it off...
    Hmmm, 4 words isn't working for me - It's so long. 2 or 3 words would be my choice. And "Bass"--? How's that a rhyme? It's not even a partial rhyme. -- Hmmm - Just IMHO, but of course I love my opinions hehe. - BTW, thumbs up for your reasonable reply to the OT portions of your thread.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Hmmm, 4 words isn't working for me - It's so long. 2 or 3 words would be my choice. And "Bass"--? How's that a rhyme? It's not even a partial rhyme. -- Hmmm - Just IMHO, but of course I love my opinions hehe. - BTW, thumbs up for your reasonable reply to the OT portions of your thread.

Randy
    So you're thinking just Blaster Brass Masters? Or something like that? I'll play around with the name a little.

Thanks again!

May the 4th Be With you
    Yours Truly,
    TubaJediMaster

My demos:

Quote Originally Posted by tubajedimr View Post
    So you're thinking just Blaster Brass Masters? Or something like that? I'll play around with the name a little...
    Yeah, sumpin' like that. Just my 2 cents, Ben. Talk it over with your buddies. You'll settle on a good one, I'm sure.

Take care!
    Randy

[QUOTE=tubajedimr;710811
    Also I am personally an atheist so faith won't do me much good. But we're not here to debate that .[/QUOTE]

Well, that pleases me immensely! I did not follow your link because my connection is so slow, and because I feared it might cause me to get stirred up because I expected the common expressions of faith, etc. I have found life so much easier since I admitted to myself that I had no religious belief, and was pleased to free myself from such tyranny. There is more that I could say, but this is not the venue for it.

Glad to see you back.

Richard

Over here in the UK there's a fine tradition of saxophone groups that play on the obvious - Sax Assault, Sax Attack, No Sax Please, etc. They get away with it because anyone who is to young to get the pun just sees a name that says saxophones. You could always go down that route - maybe 'Kickin Brass.'
    David

Hello Ben,

My first post back here since Christmas, it's been hectic.

I watched your video and read your story. I think you are already an inspiration to others.

Try to keep happy, positive and hold on to your music. All the best with your quintet.

(Maybe just "Brass Masters" or "Masters of Brass")
    yjoh

Music... A Joy For Life.

Quote Originally Posted by yjoh View Post
    Hello Ben,

My first post back here since Christmas, it's been hectic.

I watched your video and read your story. I think you are already an inspiration to others.

Try to keep happy, positive and hold on to your music. All the best with your quintet.

(Maybe just "Brass Masters" or "Masters of Brass")
    OMG That's BRILLIANT BUT!!!.....Wait for it....

Masters of BLAST
    Yours Truly,
    TubaJediMaster

My demos:

Go Back to forum