• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Orchestra-on-a-Budget at Truespec

Share/Bookmark

Orchestra-on-a-Budget at Truespec

Besides VSL, we\'ve put together two budget packages.

The first is for those who need an orchestral sound but can\'t quite afford a major package. So, we created G2D2. That\'s the Garritan Lite Strings in Giga Format with the Dan Dean Solo Woodwinds and Brass Lite Disks. We call this our Orchestra-on-a-Budget.

The second is more comprehensive. It combines the complete Garritan Orchestral Strings, with the full Dan Dean Solo Woodwinds and Solo Brass packages PLUS! Kirk Hunter\'s 35GB Brass Ensemble library. We call this the Orchestra-NOT-on-Budget.

For more details:
    http://www.truespec.com/store/samplelibraries/orchestrabudget/index.shtml

For Vienna:
    http://www.truespec.com/store/samplelibraries/ilio/vsl.shtml

For ILIO:
    Northern Sounds members can get 7% off the list PLUS free ground shipping in the US. Just write \"Northern Sounds\" in the special instructions section of the order form.

http://www.truespec.com/store/samplelibraries/ilio/index.shtml

Re: Orchestra-on-a-Budget at Truespec

Peter,
    thanks for the combo ideas.

You\'re welcome!

Originally posted by peter269:

<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Peter,

Are you in fact calling my libraries \"budget\"? I take exception to this view. In my opinion, my libraries have numerous obvious superior properties.

First, there are 8 separate discrete layers in my Solo Brass and Brass Ensemble libraries that cover the absolute FULL dynamic/expressive range...ppp to fff. (In VSL\'s literature they publish that there are 4 layers).

Second, there is high degree of musical/timbral consistency between each of my 8 discreet layers.

Third, my instruments cover a wider playing range, with no stretching of notes.

Fourth, my Brass Ensembles offer two perspectives, Close and Ambient. (VSL uses the single perspective \"silent\" stage).

In the Brass Ensembles, you will find up to 127 presets per instrument.

Dan Dean
    Dan Dean Productions

Originally posted by dandean:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by peter269:

Are you in fact calling my libraries \"budget\"? I take exception to this view. In my opinion, my libraries have numerous obvious superior properties.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Dan,

Perhaps by \"budget\", Peter just meant \"affordable\" or \"\"great-value-for-the-money\". I don\'t think he meant to imply your samples are of inferior quality.

-Shawn

Originally posted by shawn:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by dandean:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by peter269:

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Dan,

Perhaps by \"budget\", Peter just meant \"affordable\" or \"\"great-value-for-the-money\". I don\'t think he meant to imply your samples are of inferior quality.

-Shawn
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thank you, Shawn.
    PA

To Peter Alexander

As a sound developer and as a personal friend of many other developers I would say that none of them (or me) would ever want their sampling CD\'s to be called budget. I have been selling products $100-200US price range since 1992 to all the major sampling CD distributor in the world - none of them - Time+Space, Crypton, Big Fish, Tascam East West, MOTU, Cakewalk, Steinberg, Best Service and of course Northern Sounds have ever once called any of my products \"budget\" in any of their promotional literature. This may not be an important issue for many of the Northern Sounds buyers but it is to developers because the word budget implies \"lower price but some corners are cut\". What we all do is work very hard to deliver sampling CD\'s to the market with good value.

I think a reasonable and fair approach would be that if the original developer of a sampling CD does not use this the term \"budget\" to describe one of their sampling CD\'s on their web site then the resellers should not. If they do use this term to describer a product then it is definetly O.K. for the reseller to do it.

Ernest Cholakis
    Numerical Sound
    www.numericalsound.com

you guys are being a tad bit on the harsh side.

It\'s pretty obvious what \"Budget\" refers to:

cheaply made over priced samples [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

and I only had to read between the lines to figure that out.

Thanks Peter. Both packages look excellent.

Ben Ripley

ok...orchestra NOT on a budget...

Stuff like that obviously means the word \"budget\" is pertaining to the end buyers wallet, not the quality of the libraries.

Go Back to forum