• Register
  • Help

Topic: The General

The General

Been away from composing recently. Slowly getting back into the swing of things.

Re: The General

Peter! I remember you - Good heavens, it's been a long time.

I enjoyed your "General," it has a pleasant, memorable melody. Recording feedback--the incessant drum seemed to predominate a bit too much, and the stereo spread of the strings seemed too narrow. If the piano could maintain its own slot in your panning scheme, I think the balance would be more clear. An experiment with pulling the reverb down a tad could be worthwhile also.

Hi, it has been sometime, Happy New Year.

Took a year off to tour with a 7-piece band 'Shirakashi' (usual guitars and drums, Violin, Cello and Piano) - produced an album 'Dreamland'.

I'm a little rusty with GPO - give it time, I'll soon remember what I've forgotten

Shelton, Washington State

I liked the General. It's a romantic, lush latin piece.

It does have some sonic issues, especially that pounding drum. Maybe you should use a light snare drum or another percussion instrument if you want some rhythm to it. At least vary the beat so it doesn't sound like someone is using a hammer back stage.

This could be a very attractive piece with some editing.

Dropped the drums and used a latin rhythm section, cleaned up strings - hope this is better
    Last edited by Piano Maestro; 01-28-2013 at 08:32 PM. Reason: link not working

Go Back to forum