• Register
  • Help

Topic: New Demo Reel (welcoming comments)

New Demo Reel (welcoming comments)

Hey everyone -

I\'ve posted a prototype of my 2003 demo reel in mp3 format. I am continuing to go through revisions, but I believe this approach of fast edits between pieces works better than a cd with 8 2-min tracks on it. It\'s a collection of snippets from work over the past year.

2003 Demo Reel (Rev. 3) - 6.0MB, 4:44

I\'d love to hear your critique!

Eric Doggett

Re: New Demo Reel (welcoming comments)

Hi Eric,

Very nice diversity. I have to think you will get some writing gigs with this one. Lots of high points but I really like the neo-60\'s \'groovy\' piece at 2:20. The varied dynamics are wonderful on the first piece (maybe a more of that to end the reel).

Sorry if you have done this before but give us a listing of what tools (libraries) you have used.

Thanks Rob for the comments! It\'s been through a couple of revisions, but I think it\'s starting to come together now [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

There were a lot of tools, but mostly these:

Logic Platinum on a mac/gigastudio
    KH strings
    QL Brass
    Sam Horns
    AO Percussion/Woodwinds
    Percussive Adventures
    Almost all of the g-town libs
    *real* guitars and basses [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Korg Triton
    and Reason!

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Eric

Originally posted by Eric Doggett:

Logic Platinum on a mac/gigastudio
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Gigastudio on a Mac???

my bad - logic on mac - connecting to giga on winxp.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thsnks Eric, I thought I recongized tob\'s piano scrapes.

Yea, they really add a lot. There one of those samples that can push a piece fwd into the \"Is that a real orchestra?\" realm [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Hey hey,

me thinks, there is a quite recognisable portion of \"Lord of the Rings\" ( 3rd piece ? ) [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] )

hahaha.. someone else said that too.. Looking at the date/time stamps, I wrote that part back in January of \'02. I think the first LOTR probably came out in Nov or Dec of \'01 (can\'t remember for sure), so there might have been some influence there.

There\'s more to that piece that I didn\'t include (you can hear the whole piece at www.doggettstudios.com/epica.mp3); Perhaps I should have included the latter half of the piece rather than the first!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum