• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: New Trilogy demos!!

New Trilogy demos!!

Tobias has done some amazing new Trilogy demos.

These short demos really show what the library is good for in the hands of a true master of production.

I urge you all to check it out, imo it blows away all current bass demos. The music is great, the production is great, the samples are great. It\'s great!

Great work, Tob!

Re: New Trilogy demos!!

I\'ll probably get into trouble for saying this, but here goes. I think these demos are great, but I am confused as to why there is such a big campaign to convince us all that Trilogy rocks. I checked out the library last week and that is not the focus of it at all. I think it\'s really great overall, however. Thomas says these are the best bass demos he has heard. Thomas, I thought you preferred the solo\'ed demos? The slap bass one is great and I personally don\'t care for the other one, because the bass doesn\'t thrill me for that kind of music. People complain about demos being truthful and representative. I stayed out of the thread a couple weeks ago, where Eric was misinformedly comparing my bass library to his. I wouldn\'t market and promote my Hardcore Bass as something it is not. That being said, the mellow bass stuff in HCB is incredible, so maybe I should do a whole bunch of mellow jazz demos and call it \"Hardcore/Smooth Bass.\". [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

\"imo it blows away all current bass demos..\"

While I don\'t agree with that statement by any means (the Hardcore Bass demos still sound superior for rock music), these demos sound cool regardless of the bass used. Excellent jams Tob!

Well okay, that was pretty cool...you guys can go back and forth about what you like your bass to sound like for what kind of music and that\'s great...but what\'s really cool to me is that except for some power chord samples and drum tracks, all that stuff came out of Trilogy with and without some processing. I\'m so getting it.

Hey hey hey now guys, I don\'t even use basses (except double basses) in my work at all, so I don\'t really care one way or another. Nick, I\'m sorry I should have added \"blows away all the TRILOGY demos\" - I didn\'t think of Hardcore bass when I wrote the post. I listened to your demos Nick and I thought they were great too! Two totally different bass libraries afaik, though?
    Your library has a much more gritty sound which I love.

What struck me with these demos is that the production and music is VERY good! I was commenting more on the actual music than I was commenting on the library.

I\'m in no way promoting Trilogy (which I don\'t even OWN) - I was just giving kudos to Tobias for his great music!

\"It\'s the battle between good and evil\"

Nick, how about \"Heavenly Hardcore Bass\" And keep that cover with the flaming skull [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] That ought to make people wonder [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I think Tobias\' tracks are great too!
    Sincerely - Flaming Skull Satan, who curiously is not too fond of his war mongering brother George W.

Haha! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Thanx guys! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Thing is, when i heard all demos for trilogy I felt like, why not make fatter and harder music with those sounds? I mean not all people can imagine how a clean direct recorded bassguitar sounds through an amp..

\"all that stuff came out of Trilogy with and without some processing.\"

If you read Tob\'s comments he mentions putting Trilogy through some external processing. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum