• Register
  • Help

Topic: Can EXSP24 Player be used by DP4?

Castle Rock, Colorado

Can EXSP24 Player be used by DP4?

Question: can the Emagic EXSP24 Player be used by DP4 for running samples such as Sonic Implants Symphonic & Vienna Strings libs?

EXSP24 Emagic Xtreme Sample Player 24Bit.

* VST 2.0 for Mac OS 8.6 or 9.x (MacOS 9.0.4 or higher for USB ) and Windows 98 and higher
    * Audio Units for Mac OS X 10.2 and above
    * 233 MHz G3 or faster, Pentium II 300 MHz (or faster) with Multimedia soundcard
    * 128 MB RAM or more
    * MIDI interface
    * CD-ROM or DVD drive

* VST2.0 compatible Sample-Player with 32 Bit internal resolution for EXS24, SoundFont2 and AKAI S1000/3000* sample formats
    * Multiple EXSP24 instances can be run, up to the capacity of the host application
    * Up to 64-voice polyphony per EXSP24 instance (dependent on available computer processing resources)
    * Sample-accurate timing
    * Sample memory and size only limited by computer\'s RAM
    * 16 channel multi timbral per instrument
    * 4 stereo single-outputs per instrument
    * Intuitive user-interface
    * All parameter changes can be saved as presets

<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Someone once said that something that sounds too good to be true usually is. What\'s the low down on EXSP24?

(Note: the host computer would be a Mac G5.)

Re: Can EXSP24 Player be used by DP4?

I don\'t know how well EXSP24 would work in DP I\'m afraid except to say DP 4.1 supports AU and the EXSP24 will work as an AU plug-in. I can tell you that the VSL Performance Tool won\'t work outside of Logic.

Also keep in mind that unlike its bigger brother EXS24, the EXSP doesn\'t stream from disk but rather uses RAM only.

If you\'re really needing to run a soft sampler that can stream as well as run within DP 4 and import Gigasampler files I would recommend that you look into Unity Session

Or wait until Mach 5 gets its s*** together! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

After some wacky experiments, I discovered it\'s possible to slave Logic to DP4 and thereby trigger instruments such as the EXS from DP using inter-application midi. The obvious disadvantage of this setup is the huge cpu/memory overhead and general lack of stability. Not to mention an unforgiveable latency that I havent been able to overcome.

Until Emagic releases their plugin instruments as AU\'s, I\'ll continue to try to get this cross DAW pollinization experiment to work. I\'ve tried working soley in Logic but DP just suits me more.

Go Back to forum